Forum
Last updated: 

Who can provide valid reasons to use a DBS Visa Card for train and bus rides?

Considering that the DBS Live Fresh Card can now be used for bus and train rides with SimplyGo yet I am used to using my EZ-Link card, why should I make the switch? In what ways could it benefit me?

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you are looking for valid reasons to use your DBS Visa Card for train and bus rides, consider that you can get cashback, earn miles for a well-deserved holiday with your loved ones, or earn DBS Points which can be used for shopping and dining vouchers, gadgets, and even airline miles. Public transport spend may seem not significant at times, but sometimes when you start with little, you can end up with much more than you expected. If cashback is your thing, consider the DBS Live Fresh Card for 5% cashback on contactless transactions with a minimum spend of S$600 per month. And yes, that includes your train and bus rides. Finally you should know that with SimplyGo you may start using your Visa card for public transport transactions which gives you one less thing to worry about as that same card you carry around for cash withdrawals, to get your lunch, to buy a nice gift for a loved one can also be used to tap in and out. So no more worrying about top-ups and other sticky situations on the bus and at the train station.

2019.08.01 5:56

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Hit the minimum target of $600 to maximise your cashback.

Considering that I don't spend very much it is hard for me to meet the minimum spend to maximise my cashback on this card but irrespective, it's currently the best card for me since I'm using the DBS Multiplier account and I get extra interest when I spend on DBS credit cards. It is also quite a useful card to use when you are about to go on holiday to make hotel bookings and payment online. You should look to hit the minimum $600 to maximise your cashback.

DBS Live Fresh Card / DBS Bank

This student credit card is a must have indeed and with no minimum spending to maintain

This student credit card is a must have indeed and with no minimum spending to maintain, it's always good to know you have a credit card you can use without the worry of maintaining a certain monthly spending. Also, there are a ton of perks which come with this card, in particular, you get to enter Zouk for free only make sure you are an early bird when visiting.

It isn't as attractive as compared to what its competition in the student credit card sphere are offering

With only a 0.3% cashback on all spending, it isn't as attractive as compared to what its competition in the student credit card sphere are offering. However, there are perks for using this card, such as the free entry to Zouk and other deals for DBS cards can be utilised with your DBS Visa Debit Card as well. So you might want give this a try or not but it’s up to you.

DBS Live Fresh Card / DBS Visa Debit Card / DBS Bank

The cash back is a good bonus although not significant if purchases are little in value

The cash back is a good bonus although not significant if purchases are little in value. I prefer the old design compared to this new one plus I did not receive much promotions and perks to use this particular card with. But from what I gather, it is a very useful card for students and young adults with a cashback every month on spending, good customer service from DBS, easy bill payments and so on.

Unfortunately the promise of attractive cashback comes with too many caveats

I think this card is ok but among all my other cards, this is the one I use the least. Pretty much because there is nothing amazing or spectacular about this card as it were. On the other hand, the card design and marketing looks cool but unfortunately the promise of attractive cashback comes with too many caveats that I didn't bother after a while.

Recommending Forums

Anyone ever experienced issues with DBS Live Fresh not giving out cashback for some months?

DBS Live Fresh Card

In regards to a DBS Live Fresh Credit Card, would a Kickstarter purchase be considered as an online spend?

DBS Live Fresh Card

Hello everybody! I am not very knowledgeable with this matters so I thought to reach out here, I would like to know how I can get to qualify for DBS Points.

DBS Live Fresh Card

I am currently studying and I am looking for a good card deal, is the DBS Live Fresh Card the right card with good benefits for students?

DBS Live Fresh Card / DBS Live Fresh Student Card

Related Forums

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What are bond and how do they work?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Related Reviews

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International