Forum
Last updated: 

Who can provide valid reasons to use a DBS Visa Card for train and bus rides?

Considering that the DBS Live Fresh Card can now be used for bus and train rides with SimplyGo yet I am used to using my EZ-Link card, why should I make the switch? In what ways could it benefit me?

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you are looking for valid reasons to use your DBS Visa Card for train and bus rides, consider that you can get cashback, earn miles for a well-deserved holiday with your loved ones, or earn DBS Points which can be used for shopping and dining vouchers, gadgets, and even airline miles. Public transport spend may seem not significant at times, but sometimes when you start with little, you can end up with much more than you expected. If cashback is your thing, consider the DBS Live Fresh Card for 5% cashback on contactless transactions with a minimum spend of S$600 per month. And yes, that includes your train and bus rides. Finally you should know that with SimplyGo you may start using your Visa card for public transport transactions which gives you one less thing to worry about as that same card you carry around for cash withdrawals, to get your lunch, to buy a nice gift for a loved one can also be used to tap in and out. So no more worrying about top-ups and other sticky situations on the bus and at the train station.

2019.08.01 5:56

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Hit the minimum target of $600 to maximise your cashback.

Considering that I don't spend very much it is hard for me to meet the minimum spend to maximise my cashback on this card but irrespective, it's currently the best card for me since I'm using the DBS Multiplier account and I get extra interest when I spend on DBS credit cards. It is also quite a useful card to use when you are about to go on holiday to make hotel bookings and payment online. You should look to hit the minimum $600 to maximise your cashback.

DBS Live Fresh Card / DBS Bank

This student credit card is a must have indeed and with no minimum spending to maintain

This student credit card is a must have indeed and with no minimum spending to maintain, it's always good to know you have a credit card you can use without the worry of maintaining a certain monthly spending. Also, there are a ton of perks which come with this card, in particular, you get to enter Zouk for free only make sure you are an early bird when visiting.

It isn't as attractive as compared to what its competition in the student credit card sphere are offering

With only a 0.3% cashback on all spending, it isn't as attractive as compared to what its competition in the student credit card sphere are offering. However, there are perks for using this card, such as the free entry to Zouk and other deals for DBS cards can be utilised with your DBS Visa Debit Card as well. So you might want give this a try or not but it’s up to you.

DBS Live Fresh Card / DBS Visa Debit Card / DBS Bank

The cash back is a good bonus although not significant if purchases are little in value

The cash back is a good bonus although not significant if purchases are little in value. I prefer the old design compared to this new one plus I did not receive much promotions and perks to use this particular card with. But from what I gather, it is a very useful card for students and young adults with a cashback every month on spending, good customer service from DBS, easy bill payments and so on.

Unfortunately the promise of attractive cashback comes with too many caveats

I think this card is ok but among all my other cards, this is the one I use the least. Pretty much because there is nothing amazing or spectacular about this card as it were. On the other hand, the card design and marketing looks cool but unfortunately the promise of attractive cashback comes with too many caveats that I didn't bother after a while.

Recommending Forums

Anyone ever experienced issues with DBS Live Fresh not giving out cashback for some months?

DBS Live Fresh Card

In regards to a DBS Live Fresh Credit Card, would a Kickstarter purchase be considered as an online spend?

DBS Live Fresh Card

Hello everybody! I am not very knowledgeable with this matters so I thought to reach out here, I would like to know how I can get to qualify for DBS Points.

DBS Live Fresh Card

I am currently studying and I am looking for a good card deal, is the DBS Live Fresh Card the right card with good benefits for students?

DBS Live Fresh Card / DBS Live Fresh Student Card

Related Forums

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore