Forum
Last updated: 

How do I settle my UOB personal housing loan in full?

I wish to settle off my UOB personal housing loan in full as I am expecting some inheritance from my mother’s family. I would like to use the opportunity band free myself of the housing loan I have with UOB personal loan.

User comments

• user image

No Name

As stated in the Letter of Offer, you have to give the Bank three months’ written notice to redeem your loan or pay three months’ interest in lieu of notice. You should appoint a lawyer to act for you in your loan redemption and to provide the date for completion. The Bank will appoint its lawyer to act for the Bank if your lawyer is not on the Bank’s panel. The lawyers will handle the legal documentation for the discharge of the mortgage and release of the title deed. Please check your Letter of Offer for any applicable fees/refunds to be made to the Bank. Please also note that all legal fees including fees for the discharge of mortgage are to be borne by you. During the redemption process, the Bank will provide only one preliminary statement to your lawyer three weeks before the completion date and one final redemption statement on the actual day of completion. Any subsequent requests for additional redemption statements or changes in completion date will result in additional fees being imposed. Please note that you are required to serve a fresh notice to the Bank if your loan is not redeemed upon the expiry of the three months’ written notice. Please note that the Bank will not accept any request for capital partial prepayments after they have received your notice of redemption. Any capital partial prepayment notices received prior to the banks receipt of your redemption notice will be treated as cancelled. The Bank’s final claims may include any unpaid insurance premium and related borrowings such as credit card overdue amount. Your cashier’s orders for your full settlement must be received by the Bank before 10am on the day immediately after the date of completion otherwise additional interest will be payable. For a completion date that falls on a Friday before the weekend or the eve of a public holiday, you may arrange with your solicitor to provide advance written authorization to the Bank to debit from your designated account. This will avoid payment of additional interest accruing over the weekend or public holiday. If your credit facilities or loan is fully paid-up, you may wish to engage a lawyer to discharge your mortgage with the Bank. Otherwise, please note that there is an annual custody fee payable for Title Deeds that continue to be kept with the Bank.

2019.08.01 6:47

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Investment

Can I change and replace my existing Guarantor to another person for my Hire Purchase with UOB personal loan?

UOB Personal Loan

Related Forums

Investment

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Investment

What are the characteristics of a bond?

Investment

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

Investment

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Investment

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Investment

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

Related Reviews

Investment

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Investment

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Investment

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Investment

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Investment

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Investment

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation