Forum
Last updated: 

How do I settle my UOB personal housing loan in full?

I wish to settle off my UOB personal housing loan in full as I am expecting some inheritance from my mother’s family. I would like to use the opportunity band free myself of the housing loan I have with UOB personal loan.

User comments

• user image

No Name

As stated in the Letter of Offer, you have to give the Bank three months’ written notice to redeem your loan or pay three months’ interest in lieu of notice. You should appoint a lawyer to act for you in your loan redemption and to provide the date for completion. The Bank will appoint its lawyer to act for the Bank if your lawyer is not on the Bank’s panel. The lawyers will handle the legal documentation for the discharge of the mortgage and release of the title deed. Please check your Letter of Offer for any applicable fees/refunds to be made to the Bank. Please also note that all legal fees including fees for the discharge of mortgage are to be borne by you. During the redemption process, the Bank will provide only one preliminary statement to your lawyer three weeks before the completion date and one final redemption statement on the actual day of completion. Any subsequent requests for additional redemption statements or changes in completion date will result in additional fees being imposed. Please note that you are required to serve a fresh notice to the Bank if your loan is not redeemed upon the expiry of the three months’ written notice. Please note that the Bank will not accept any request for capital partial prepayments after they have received your notice of redemption. Any capital partial prepayment notices received prior to the banks receipt of your redemption notice will be treated as cancelled. The Bank’s final claims may include any unpaid insurance premium and related borrowings such as credit card overdue amount. Your cashier’s orders for your full settlement must be received by the Bank before 10am on the day immediately after the date of completion otherwise additional interest will be payable. For a completion date that falls on a Friday before the weekend or the eve of a public holiday, you may arrange with your solicitor to provide advance written authorization to the Bank to debit from your designated account. This will avoid payment of additional interest accruing over the weekend or public holiday. If your credit facilities or loan is fully paid-up, you may wish to engage a lawyer to discharge your mortgage with the Bank. Otherwise, please note that there is an annual custody fee payable for Title Deeds that continue to be kept with the Bank.

2019.08.01 6:47

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Can I change and replace my existing Guarantor to another person for my Hire Purchase with UOB personal loan?

UOB Personal Loan

Related Forums

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Related Reviews

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation