Forum
Last updated: 

How do I settle my UOB personal housing loan in full?

I wish to settle off my UOB personal housing loan in full as I am expecting some inheritance from my mother’s family. I would like to use the opportunity band free myself of the housing loan I have with UOB personal loan.

User comments

• user image

No Name

As stated in the Letter of Offer, you have to give the Bank three months’ written notice to redeem your loan or pay three months’ interest in lieu of notice. You should appoint a lawyer to act for you in your loan redemption and to provide the date for completion. The Bank will appoint its lawyer to act for the Bank if your lawyer is not on the Bank’s panel. The lawyers will handle the legal documentation for the discharge of the mortgage and release of the title deed. Please check your Letter of Offer for any applicable fees/refunds to be made to the Bank. Please also note that all legal fees including fees for the discharge of mortgage are to be borne by you. During the redemption process, the Bank will provide only one preliminary statement to your lawyer three weeks before the completion date and one final redemption statement on the actual day of completion. Any subsequent requests for additional redemption statements or changes in completion date will result in additional fees being imposed. Please note that you are required to serve a fresh notice to the Bank if your loan is not redeemed upon the expiry of the three months’ written notice. Please note that the Bank will not accept any request for capital partial prepayments after they have received your notice of redemption. Any capital partial prepayment notices received prior to the banks receipt of your redemption notice will be treated as cancelled. The Bank’s final claims may include any unpaid insurance premium and related borrowings such as credit card overdue amount. Your cashier’s orders for your full settlement must be received by the Bank before 10am on the day immediately after the date of completion otherwise additional interest will be payable. For a completion date that falls on a Friday before the weekend or the eve of a public holiday, you may arrange with your solicitor to provide advance written authorization to the Bank to debit from your designated account. This will avoid payment of additional interest accruing over the weekend or public holiday. If your credit facilities or loan is fully paid-up, you may wish to engage a lawyer to discharge your mortgage with the Bank. Otherwise, please note that there is an annual custody fee payable for Title Deeds that continue to be kept with the Bank.

2019.08.01 6:47

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Can I change and replace my existing Guarantor to another person for my Hire Purchase with UOB personal loan?

UOB Personal Loan

Related Forums

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore