Forum
Last updated: 

How do I pay for my ride with Apple Pay using my UOB Delight Debit Card?

Who can assist me by explaining how I can get to use Apple Pay to pay for my bus ride, I own a UOB Delight Debit Card by the way?

User comments

• user image

No Name

With your iPhone 8 or earlier versions, just make sure that your device is on before you enter the gate. It doesn't need to be connected to a network. This pulls up your default card. If this is not a MasterCard, then select your MasterCard. To change your default card go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay on your iPhone. Tap Default Card, then choose a MasterCard. As you approach a fare gate or board the bus, double-click the Home button with your device on the Lock screen. Rest your finger on Touch ID. You'll see Hold near the Reader on the screen. Within a minute, hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader at the transit gate. After a moment, you'll see done and a checkmark on the display. With your iPhone X or later versions just make sure that your device is on before you enter the gate. It doesn't need to be connected to a network. This pulls up your default card. If this is not a MasterCard, select your MasterCard now. To change your default card go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay on your iPhone. Tap Default Card, then choose a MasterCard. As you approach a fare gate or board the bus, double-click the side button. Glance at your iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone, XS Max, or iPhone XR to authenticate with Face ID or enter your passcode. Hold the top of your iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR near the contactless reader at the transit gate. After a moment, you'll see done and a checkmark on the display. If you wish to use your Apple Watch then double-click the side button, hold the display of your Apple Watch within an inch of the contactless reader, Wait until you feel a gentle tap, tap top part of iPhone with display facing customer to transact.

2019.08.01 6:55

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Who has knowledge about the UOB Delight Debit card eligibility and fees?

UOB Delight Debit Card

Related Forums

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Related Reviews

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore