Forum
Last updated: 

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

I've been in debt from a previous loan that I had, every month it keeps increasing as long as it remains unpaid, fortunately I have credit cards that I haven't used but would this be a good idea? Wouldn't this just come back to bite me? Can someone give me advice regarding the matter? Any help would be appreciated

User comments

• user image

No Name

As long as you are able to pay your credit balance as soon as possible, I don't see the harm in paying of a loan with your credit cards, since it would obviously be better for you to pay the loan that you had before, since every month it will increase in interest and would cost more, while the credit card that you posses only needs to be paid monthly and will be unaccesible only if you exceed the credit limit but mind you, as long as it remains unpaid credit can also increase in interest so exercise this with caution

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What should I do with my debt to a loan shark?

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

Foreclosure of a private property

Related Reviews

Greater control over foreign currency exchange rates that you get

With UOB Mighty FX, you not only save on additional foreign exchange (FX) conversion fees when you shop on overseas websites, but you also have greater control over the foreign currency exchange rates that you get. UOB Mighty FX allows you to view and exchange with real-time foreign exchange (FX) rates for popular currencies including USD, GBP, Euro, Australian Dollar (AUD) and Japanese Yen (JPY). Some exchange rates offered by UOB Mighty FX are even better than those at popular money changers, so clearly, this can help you save some money.

UOB Mighty FX / United Overseas Bank

3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions

The DBS Visa Debit Card has my vote for being the one of the best debit cards in Singapore. You get 3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions with a few conditions to be met like spend at least $400 a month on your debit card and limit cash withdrawals to $400 or less a month. Cashback is capped at $50 a month while you should note that PayWave transactions are capped at $200 per transaction. You should also know that the card can be used overseas with no foreign transaction fee if paired with a DBS Multi-Currency Account

DBS Visa Debit Card / DBS Bank

Enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants

With this card, you’ll be able to get cash rebates of up to 10% when you use your card to make purchases at participating merchants such as Cathay Cineplexes and Cold Storage.If you’re one for travelling and adventure, you can also enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants.There is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card.You only need to be 16 years or older with a UOB Savings Account or Current Account

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

The first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication

With contactless cash withdrawals, you can now withdraw cash easily and quickly with a tap of your phone instead of inserting your ATM card. UOB is perhaps the first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) that allows you to truly go digital. Now to enjoy the convenience of Contactless Cash Withdrawals, add your UOB Visa or MasterCard Debit Card to your mobile phone on MightyPay for Android users or ApplePay for iPhone users.

UOB Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation