I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

I've been in debt from a previous loan that I had, every month it keeps increasing as long as it remains unpaid, fortunately I have credit cards that I haven't used but would this be a good idea? Wouldn't this just come back to bite me? Can someone give me advice regarding the matter? Any help would be appreciated

• user image

No Name

As long as you are able to pay your credit balance as soon as possible, I don't see the harm in paying of a loan with your credit cards, since it would obviously be better for you to pay the loan that you had before, since every month it will increase in interest and would cost more, while the credit card that you posses only needs to be paid monthly and will be unaccesible only if you exceed the credit limit but mind you, as long as it remains unpaid credit can also increase in interest so exercise this with caution

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can a loan shark be full of debts?

Hospital preventing a family to leave due to debts

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

Can I buy a foreclosed house?

I owe my boss

Related Reviews

No transaction fee for your cash withdrawal via 24,000 BOC ATMs in Mainland China

BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card / Bank of China

With this card there are no currency exchange fees for all RMB transactions through RMB account. Plus enjoy convenience via UnionPay, the largest payment network in China. Interestingly, if the balance on your RMB sub-account is insufficient, the card will deduct from your SGD sub-account based on BOC’s real time exchange rate. There are no transaction fee for your cash withdrawal via 24,000 BOC ATMs in Mainland China for a limited time however.

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

Withdraw cash in ten currencies and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide

HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card lets you withdraw cash in ten currencies at $0 fee and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide. This is great news for people who aren’t comfortable with carrying large amounts of cash around, and don’t want to pay ATM withdrawal fees. So, if let’s say you’re travelling to England, you can convert SGD to Pound sterling in just a few steps instantly on the QuickFX app. You can then withdraw it using your Everyday Global Debit Card in England without having to pay foreign exchange fees and ATM fees, or simply make payments directly to the merchant.

No annual fee and works as a multi-currency card

Citibank Debit Mastercard / Citibank Singapore

Citibank only has one debit card which is the Citibank Debit Mastercard. Regardless of whether you bank with Citibank regularly, this is a useful debit card for frequent travellers. This debit card with no annual fee works as a multi-currency card if you link it to a Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account. Like with the DBS Multi-Currency Account, you can easily convert SGD to 9 foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, USD and Swiss Franc.

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.