Forum
Last updated: 

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

I borrowed money from a person that I know offers a loan shark as he promised me an immediate financial help for my daughter that is in the hospital. I am a construction worker and I am incapable of paying the debt plus their high interest rate. The loan shark gave me a short span of time to pay them back. As a result I was not able to pay them with the given due date and they threatened me with violence like painting on our gates.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You can immediately report to the authority a potential loan shark given that they gave you a higher interest rate above than legal. Any debtee that threatens or uses violence to collect debt may be reported to the police, illegal or legal, as it against the law. Your failure to pay the debt is not a criminal offense given that you are willing to pay but lacks time.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debt

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

Debt

Can I get loan even though I have debts?

Debt

Hospital preventing a family to leave due to debts

Debt

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

Debt

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Debt

What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

Related Reviews

Debt

I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debitrd

I am not one to win things so you can imagine my joy when I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debit card. This promotion is however valid for your first OCBC deposit account and it must be opened online too. This offer is limited to the first 600 OCBC deposits accounts opened online per month.

OCBC YES! Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Debt

Greater control over foreign currency exchange rates that you get

With UOB Mighty FX, you not only save on additional foreign exchange (FX) conversion fees when you shop on overseas websites, but you also have greater control over the foreign currency exchange rates that you get. UOB Mighty FX allows you to view and exchange with real-time foreign exchange (FX) rates for popular currencies including USD, GBP, Euro, Australian Dollar (AUD) and Japanese Yen (JPY). Some exchange rates offered by UOB Mighty FX are even better than those at popular money changers, so clearly, this can help you save some money.

UOB Mighty FX / United Overseas Bank

Debt

The first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication

With contactless cash withdrawals, you can now withdraw cash easily and quickly with a tap of your phone instead of inserting your ATM card. UOB is perhaps the first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) that allows you to truly go digital. Now to enjoy the convenience of Contactless Cash Withdrawals, add your UOB Visa or MasterCard Debit Card to your mobile phone on MightyPay for Android users or ApplePay for iPhone users.

UOB Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Debt

Spend at least $400 a month and get 4% rebate

This debit card comes with free PAssion membership of up to $12 for 5 years. Don’t know what’s so great about that but it adds up for some people. Plus when you spend at least $400 a month on the POSB PAssion Card, you get 4% rebate at Giant, Cold Storage and Guardian. If you have a family, you also get 5% rebate at popular Singapore places of attractions and 1-for-1 tickets on the 10th of every month.

PAssion POSB Debit Card / DBS Bank

Debt

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Debt

Allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently

The NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card Plus App enhances your rewards experience and allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently. So be it shopping, exercising, traveling or dining, explore the discounts and deals you can get under Plus! Treats. You can even collect stamps from Plus! Partners to redeem exciting rewards.

NTUC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation