Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

I just filed for bankruptcy because I incurred a huge amount of debt. I am afraid that my creditors would file a case against me for nt ebing able to pay for my debt on time before I filed for bankruptcy and because they are not able to immediately recover the debt that I incurred before bankruptcy.

• user image

No Name

Since you already filed for bankruptcy, you have nothing to worry about. One of the benefits of filing for bankruptcy is that creditors cannot sue you because they are banned from commencing legal proceedings against you to recover debts incurred before bankruptcym after the making of the Bankruptcy Order.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I owe my boss

What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

Can a loan shark be full of debts?

Related Reviews

Allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently

NTUC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

The NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card Plus App enhances your rewards experience and allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently. So be it shopping, exercising, traveling or dining, explore the discounts and deals you can get under Plus! Treats. You can even collect stamps from Plus! Partners to redeem exciting rewards.

For people who buys groceries at NTUC Fairprice

OCBC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I recommend the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card, for people who buys groceries at NTUC Fairprice (practically every Singaporean who’s not on RedMart). The OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card offers a decent 4% rebate at NTUC FairPrice, Unity and Warehouse Club if you spend $200 outside of the “NTUC network” that month. If you spend $500, and your rebate goes up to 7%, you also get 3% link points when shopping on FaiPrice On. The downside is that the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card has an annual fee of $24. This is waived for the first year and subsequently takes $1,200 of spending per year (avg. $100 a month) to waive.

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

Transact in multiple currencies without incurring foreign currency exchange fee

KrisFlyer UOB Account / United Overseas Bank

The KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account has definitely changed for the better. With the introduction of Mighty FX, it now makes even more sense for a frequent traveller to take advantage of the enhanced ability of the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card to transact in multiple currencies without incurring a foreign currency exchange fee. If you want to earn KrisFlyer miles and don’t want to get or don’t qualify for a credit card, then the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account are the way to go.

Withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees

Maybank Platinum Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

The Maybank offers two debit cards, the Maybank Platinum Debit Card (Mastercard) and the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card. Now for those of us, especially those who frequent Malaysia, the free Maybank Platinum Debit Card is pretty useful as it lets you withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees. Bear in mind, however, that foreign exchange rates may apply.