Forum
Last updated: 

What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

My father has been a businessman for all his career life. But then his recent business partner have deceit him and ran away with my father's money. With all his life investments taken away, he considered and declared bankruptcy in our business leaving him with pile of debts. I wonder what will be done after his declaration of bankruptcy.

User comments

• user image

No Name

After filing the Debtor’s Bankruptcy Application and the Affidavit in Support of Debtor’s Bankruptcy Application and the procedures done, there is a 21-day allotment required to instruct the bankcrupt by the Official Assignee of his responsibilities and state his liabilities and assets. His monthly contribution plan will be discussed as well with the Official Assignee.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What should I do with my debt to a loan shark?

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

Hospital preventing a family to leave due to debts

I need assistance with my debts.

I owe my boss

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

Related Reviews

For people who buys groceries at NTUC Fairprice

I recommend the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card, for people who buys groceries at NTUC Fairprice (practically every Singaporean who’s not on RedMart). The OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card offers a decent 4% rebate at NTUC FairPrice, Unity and Warehouse Club if you spend $200 outside of the “NTUC network” that month. If you spend $500, and your rebate goes up to 7%, you also get 3% link points when shopping on FaiPrice On. The downside is that the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card has an annual fee of $24. This is waived for the first year and subsequently takes $1,200 of spending per year (avg. $100 a month) to waive.

OCBC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Supports the NETS FlashPay function to top up and tap for public transport,

The HSBC debit cards have no annual fees and it offers overseas cash withdrawal with no transaction fee at HSBC ATMs. However, this is ONLY for HSBC Advance and Premier Account holders. If you do qualify, the good thing is that HSBC has a strong ATM network in countries like Hong Kong.This card also supports the NETS FlashPay function so you can top up and tap for public transport, you can also link it up with SimplyGo and can be used to withdraw cash from cash points like 7-11, Cold Storage, Guardian and ATMs with “atm5” symbol

HSBC Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend

In my opinion, the SAFRA DBS debit card is simply the best debit card. NSF cardholders can get 2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend. For everyone else, that is non-NSFs, the minimum spend to enjoy these bonus cashback rates is actually $400. But by and large this I believe is worth it in order to reap the full benefits with the card.

SAFRA DBS Debit Card / DBS Bank

Enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants

With this card, you’ll be able to get cash rebates of up to 10% when you use your card to make purchases at participating merchants such as Cathay Cineplexes and Cold Storage.If you’re one for travelling and adventure, you can also enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants.There is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card.You only need to be 16 years or older with a UOB Savings Account or Current Account

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees

The Maybank offers two debit cards, the Maybank Platinum Debit Card (Mastercard) and the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card. Now for those of us, especially those who frequent Malaysia, the free Maybank Platinum Debit Card is pretty useful as it lets you withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees. Bear in mind, however, that foreign exchange rates may apply.

Maybank Platinum Debit Card / Maybank Singapore