What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

My father has been a businessman for all his career life. But then his recent business partner have deceit him and ran away with my father's money. With all his life investments taken away, he considered and declared bankruptcy in our business leaving him with pile of debts. I wonder what will be done after his declaration of bankruptcy.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

After filing the Debtor’s Bankruptcy Application and the Affidavit in Support of Debtor’s Bankruptcy Application and the procedures done, there is a 21-day allotment required to instruct the bankcrupt by the Official Assignee of his responsibilities and state his liabilities and assets. His monthly contribution plan will be discussed as well with the Official Assignee.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

I need assistance with my debts.

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

Foreclosure of a private property

What should I do with my debt to a loan shark?

Related Reviews

2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend

SAFRA DBS Debit Card / DBS Bank

In my opinion, the SAFRA DBS debit card is simply the best debit card. NSF cardholders can get 2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend. For everyone else, that is non-NSFs, the minimum spend to enjoy these bonus cashback rates is actually $400. But by and large this I believe is worth it in order to reap the full benefits with the card.

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

Up to 3% Cash Rebate and 5X TREATS points when Manchester United wins a Premier League match

Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

1% unlimited cash rebate and 1X TREATS Points on all transactions with up to 3% Cash Rebate and 5X TREATS points when Manchester United wins a Premier League match. What is simply mind blowing is the fact that there is the first 2 years annual fee waived while subsequent waivers are at a minimum spend of S$3,600 per year. I recommend this card for Man United fans and non-fans too.

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

Annual fee waiver triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year

UOB Lady’s Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

The principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card is entitled to the first 3 years card fee waived while thereafter, annual fee waiver will be triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year. By the way annual fee waiver shall not apply to applicants who have cancelled and reapplied for the same principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card. For eligibility, applicant must be female and be at least 16 years old and no minimum income is requirement.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.