Forum
Last updated: 

I need assistance with my debts.

I am a little late in paying my rents and I am a little short in money for a while because I just got fired in my previous job. I am currently finding a new job while I work part time as a freelancer. I am also in debt with some of my relatives and late in paying all my bills, I am wondering if where can I find a guarantor even just for my rents.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Guarantor loans are one way to help a person to pay his debts by lending him a money. It involves a guarantor agreement that must be armed with facts. A guarantor is usually a relative or someone you know well so he will be able to ensure that you will repay the borrowed money. Given your situation, you can ask help from you parent or sibling as long as you have separate accounts.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Can a loan shark be full of debts?

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

Related Reviews

3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn Takashimaya Bonus Point

This card offers a 3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn 1 Takashimaya Bonus Point with every S$10 charged and redeem S$30 worth of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers with every 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points shopping discounts.They go even further with an additional 10% off during selected sales events in-store with complimentary free delivery service when you meet certain spend amount

DBS Takashimaya Debit Card / DBS Bank

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Annual fee waiver triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year

The principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card is entitled to the first 3 years card fee waived while thereafter, annual fee waiver will be triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year. By the way annual fee waiver shall not apply to applicants who have cancelled and reapplied for the same principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card. For eligibility, applicant must be female and be at least 16 years old and no minimum income is requirement.

UOB Lady’s Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Cash rebate is capped at a maximum of S$10 per calendar month.

The Bank of China is now officially part of the atm5 shared network and in effect you can now check your account balance and enjoy cash withdrawals with your BOC Great Wall International MasterCard Debit Card at over 230 ATMs with atm5 Logo Island wide without any transaction fees. You should know that cash rebate is capped at a maximum of S$10 per calendar month.

Bank of China Great Wall International Debit Card / Bank of China

7% cashback on petrol even in Malaysia

Standard Chartered has several debit cards, and the one you’ll get depends on which bank account you choose. If you plan to bank with StanChart, consider the Standard Chartered XtraSaver Debit Card which is linked to the XtraSaver account. With this card, as long as you maintain a minimum balance of $6,000 in that account, you can get a very respectable 7% cashback on petrol (including in Malaysia), capped at $40 a month. If you have an account balance of at least $200,000, you can get up to 15% but the cap doesn’t change.

Standard Chartered XtraSaver Debit Card / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore