Forum
Last updated: 

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

My teacher told us about what he is currently watching and it was about how authorities were using their power to control the one that is below them. It was about a debt collector that asked for a private settlement. And so they talked in private but instead of asking for the money, the debt collector harassed the one in debt.

User comments

• user image

No Name

When collecting a debt from someone, you must do everthing professionally. In this case, the debt collector dealt it in a private settlement. What sets them apart from your neighbourhood ah long is the fact that they try to comply with the law. There’s also an industry Code of Ethics set up by the Credit Collection Association of Singapore, which resolves disputes between debtors and collection agencies; however, the CCAS does not have a great deal of power to enforce the code.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

I owe my boss

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

Can a loan shark be full of debts?

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

Related Reviews

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

Withdraw cash in ten currencies and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide

This card lets you withdraw cash in ten currencies at $0 fee and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide. This is great news for people who aren’t comfortable with carrying large amounts of cash around, and don’t want to pay ATM withdrawal fees. So, if let’s say you’re travelling to England, you can convert SGD to Pound sterling in just a few steps instantly on the QuickFX app. You can then withdraw it using your Everyday Global Debit Card in England without having to pay foreign exchange fees and ATM fees, or simply make payments directly to the merchant.

HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Cash rebate is capped at a maximum of S$10 per calendar month.

The Bank of China is now officially part of the atm5 shared network and in effect you can now check your account balance and enjoy cash withdrawals with your BOC Great Wall International MasterCard Debit Card at over 230 ATMs with atm5 Logo Island wide without any transaction fees. You should know that cash rebate is capped at a maximum of S$10 per calendar month.

Bank of China Great Wall International Debit Card / Bank of China

I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debitrd

I am not one to win things so you can imagine my joy when I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debit card. This promotion is however valid for your first OCBC deposit account and it must be opened online too. This offer is limited to the first 600 OCBC deposits accounts opened online per month.

OCBC YES! Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Allows you free access to the library services

Enjoy exclusive Privileges at China Cultural Centre such as free access to over 17,000 arts and cultural books in the library of China Cultural Centre using the new BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card. At the back of the card, you should find a barcode which allows you to have free access to the library services.For the first visit, you are required to bring along your BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card with your NRIC/Passport to the library in China Cultural Centre for activation

BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card / Bank of China