I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

I have a debt borrowed from a company, we both signed to an agreed contract including the due date and all its benefits and cons if not paid within the given time. However, a month after I borrowed the money, I have received a letter that notfies me to pay my debts within a week. I was confused as I still have a month to pay and yet they are asking me to pay earlier than the due date. As I informed them upon the situation, they told me that it is what it is and I need to pay immediately.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

A law exists in Singapore that is strictly states that certainty and completeness (Ch 08 Law of Contract) must be present in a contract before being agreed upon. Given that you and the company have agreed upon a specific time, they cannot and must not forced you to pay other than before or on the exact day of due date. Hence, if not followed or attended, the other party may file a civil suit for a breach of contract.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is my brother a possible guarantor?

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

What should I do with my debt to a loan shark?

I need assistance with my debts.

My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

Related Reviews

Withdraw cash in ten currencies and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide

HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card lets you withdraw cash in ten currencies at $0 fee and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide. This is great news for people who aren’t comfortable with carrying large amounts of cash around, and don’t want to pay ATM withdrawal fees. So, if let’s say you’re travelling to England, you can convert SGD to Pound sterling in just a few steps instantly on the QuickFX app. You can then withdraw it using your Everyday Global Debit Card in England without having to pay foreign exchange fees and ATM fees, or simply make payments directly to the merchant.

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

Annual fee waiver triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year

UOB Lady’s Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

The principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card is entitled to the first 3 years card fee waived while thereafter, annual fee waiver will be triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year. By the way annual fee waiver shall not apply to applicants who have cancelled and reapplied for the same principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card. For eligibility, applicant must be female and be at least 16 years old and no minimum income is requirement.

Earn unlimited cash rebate of 0.3% for all local and overseas retail transactions

BOC Zaobao Debit Card / Bank of China

Earn unlimited cash rebate of 0.3% for all local and overseas retail transactions when using your BOC Zaobao Debit Card.This offer is valid for a monthly spend of at least S$100 with a minimum deposit of S$1,500 and/or a monthly spend of at least RMB 500 with a minimum deposit of RMB 7,500 in the account.Other privileges allow you to use your new BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card at any UnionPay's merchants to enjoy 0.3% cash rebate and/or exclusive offers

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.

Greater control over foreign currency exchange rates that you get

UOB Mighty FX / United Overseas Bank

With UOB Mighty FX, you not only save on additional foreign exchange (FX) conversion fees when you shop on overseas websites, but you also have greater control over the foreign currency exchange rates that you get. UOB Mighty FX allows you to view and exchange with real-time foreign exchange (FX) rates for popular currencies including USD, GBP, Euro, Australian Dollar (AUD) and Japanese Yen (JPY). Some exchange rates offered by UOB Mighty FX are even better than those at popular money changers, so clearly, this can help you save some money.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.