I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

I have a debt borrowed from a company, we both signed to an agreed contract including the due date and all its benefits and cons if not paid within the given time. However, a month after I borrowed the money, I have received a letter that notfies me to pay my debts within a week. I was confused as I still have a month to pay and yet they are asking me to pay earlier than the due date. As I informed them upon the situation, they told me that it is what it is and I need to pay immediately.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

A law exists in Singapore that is strictly states that certainty and completeness (Ch 08 Law of Contract) must be present in a contract before being agreed upon. Given that you and the company have agreed upon a specific time, they cannot and must not forced you to pay other than before or on the exact day of due date. Hence, if not followed or attended, the other party may file a civil suit for a breach of contract.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Foreclosure of a private property

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

Hospital preventing a family to leave due to debts

I owe my boss

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

Related Reviews

Enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

With this card, you’ll be able to get cash rebates of up to 10% when you use your card to make purchases at participating merchants such as Cathay Cineplexes and Cold Storage.If you’re one for travelling and adventure, you can also enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants.There is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card.You only need to be 16 years or older with a UOB Savings Account or Current Account

Transact in multiple currencies without incurring foreign currency exchange fee

KrisFlyer UOB Account / United Overseas Bank

The KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account has definitely changed for the better. With the introduction of Mighty FX, it now makes even more sense for a frequent traveller to take advantage of the enhanced ability of the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card to transact in multiple currencies without incurring a foreign currency exchange fee. If you want to earn KrisFlyer miles and don’t want to get or don’t qualify for a credit card, then the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account are the way to go.

Spend at least $400 a month and get 4% rebate

PAssion POSB Debit Card / DBS Bank

This debit card comes with free PAssion membership of up to $12 for 5 years. Don’t know what’s so great about that but it adds up for some people. Plus when you spend at least $400 a month on the POSB PAssion Card, you get 4% rebate at Giant, Cold Storage and Guardian. If you have a family, you also get 5% rebate at popular Singapore places of attractions and 1-for-1 tickets on the 10th of every month.

3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn Takashimaya Bonus Point

DBS Takashimaya Debit Card / DBS Bank

This card offers a 3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn 1 Takashimaya Bonus Point with every S$10 charged and redeem S$30 worth of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers with every 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points shopping discounts.They go even further with an additional 10% off during selected sales events in-store with complimentary free delivery service when you meet certain spend amount

Withdraw cash in ten currencies and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide

HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card lets you withdraw cash in ten currencies at $0 fee and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide. This is great news for people who aren’t comfortable with carrying large amounts of cash around, and don’t want to pay ATM withdrawal fees. So, if let’s say you’re travelling to England, you can convert SGD to Pound sterling in just a few steps instantly on the QuickFX app. You can then withdraw it using your Everyday Global Debit Card in England without having to pay foreign exchange fees and ATM fees, or simply make payments directly to the merchant.

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.