Forum
Last updated: 

Can I buy a foreclosed house?

My family and I are trying to find a new home that is near to the tourist spots. I would like to start a business there and my children wants to study there for college. My wife found a delightful and subtle house but we are told that it is a foreclosed house. Can we buy the that house even though it is foreclosure?

User comments

• user image

No Name

A foreclosed home purchased through auction might also have liens filed against it, such as liens for outstanding tax payments. Banks will often sell these homes at prices below market value to get rid of them. The best news for buyers is that banks are required to pay off any liens filed against these properties

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debt

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

Debt

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Debt

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

Debt

Can I get loan even though I have debts?

Debt

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

Debt

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

Related Reviews

Debt

Withdraw cash in ten currencies and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide

This card lets you withdraw cash in ten currencies at $0 fee and enjoy cash withdrawal fee waiver across all ATMs worldwide. This is great news for people who aren’t comfortable with carrying large amounts of cash around, and don’t want to pay ATM withdrawal fees. So, if let’s say you’re travelling to England, you can convert SGD to Pound sterling in just a few steps instantly on the QuickFX app. You can then withdraw it using your Everyday Global Debit Card in England without having to pay foreign exchange fees and ATM fees, or simply make payments directly to the merchant.

HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Debt

Transact in multiple currencies without incurring foreign currency exchange fee

The KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account has definitely changed for the better. With the introduction of Mighty FX, it now makes even more sense for a frequent traveller to take advantage of the enhanced ability of the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card to transact in multiple currencies without incurring a foreign currency exchange fee. If you want to earn KrisFlyer miles and don’t want to get or don’t qualify for a credit card, then the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account are the way to go.

KrisFlyer UOB Account / United Overseas Bank

Debt

Withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees

The Maybank offers two debit cards, the Maybank Platinum Debit Card (Mastercard) and the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card. Now for those of us, especially those who frequent Malaysia, the free Maybank Platinum Debit Card is pretty useful as it lets you withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees. Bear in mind, however, that foreign exchange rates may apply.

Maybank Platinum Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

Debt

3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn Takashimaya Bonus Point

This card offers a 3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn 1 Takashimaya Bonus Point with every S$10 charged and redeem S$30 worth of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers with every 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points shopping discounts.They go even further with an additional 10% off during selected sales events in-store with complimentary free delivery service when you meet certain spend amount

DBS Takashimaya Debit Card / DBS Bank

Debt

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Debt

Earn unlimited cash rebate of 0.3% for all local and overseas retail transactions

Earn unlimited cash rebate of 0.3% for all local and overseas retail transactions when using your BOC Zaobao Debit Card.This offer is valid for a monthly spend of at least S$100 with a minimum deposit of S$1,500 and/or a monthly spend of at least RMB 500 with a minimum deposit of RMB 7,500 in the account.Other privileges allow you to use your new BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card at any UnionPay's merchants to enjoy 0.3% cash rebate and/or exclusive offers

BOC Zaobao Debit Card / Bank of China