Can a loan shark be full of debts?

My friend loaned from a loan shark before and he was charged way more than he expected. He threatened a bunch of times yet, nothing bad happened to him. He is curious why the interest of loan sharks are larger than the usual loaners. Are they also in debt that they are charging other people with large amount to pay that?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

Most loan sharks have a lot of money due to their way of business. Other loan sharks are under by a much bigger company that also lend money. Even though being a loan shark is illegal, they still continue to do this business. They usually do this illegal stuffs to pay their debts. So even though they are doing illegal things, they are doing it to pay other people.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

Is my brother a possible guarantor?

Can I buy a foreclosed house?

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

What should I do with my debt to a loan shark?

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

Related Reviews

Enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

With this card, you’ll be able to get cash rebates of up to 10% when you use your card to make purchases at participating merchants such as Cathay Cineplexes and Cold Storage.If you’re one for travelling and adventure, you can also enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants.There is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card.You only need to be 16 years or older with a UOB Savings Account or Current Account

Withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees

Maybank Platinum Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

The Maybank offers two debit cards, the Maybank Platinum Debit Card (Mastercard) and the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card. Now for those of us, especially those who frequent Malaysia, the free Maybank Platinum Debit Card is pretty useful as it lets you withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees. Bear in mind, however, that foreign exchange rates may apply.

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions

DBS Visa Debit Card / DBS Bank

The DBS Visa Debit Card has my vote for being the one of the best debit cards in Singapore. You get 3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions with a few conditions to be met like spend at least $400 a month on your debit card and limit cash withdrawals to $400 or less a month. Cashback is capped at $50 a month while you should note that PayWave transactions are capped at $200 per transaction. You should also know that the card can be used overseas with no foreign transaction fee if paired with a DBS Multi-Currency Account

No annual fee and works as a multi-currency card

Citibank Debit Mastercard / Citibank Singapore

Citibank only has one debit card which is the Citibank Debit Mastercard. Regardless of whether you bank with Citibank regularly, this is a useful debit card for frequent travellers. This debit card with no annual fee works as a multi-currency card if you link it to a Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account. Like with the DBS Multi-Currency Account, you can easily convert SGD to 9 foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, USD and Swiss Franc.

I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debitrd

OCBC YES! Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I am not one to win things so you can imagine my joy when I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debit card. This promotion is however valid for your first OCBC deposit account and it must be opened online too. This offer is limited to the first 600 OCBC deposits accounts opened online per month.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.