Forum
Last updated: 

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

I lend a money to a friend since he told me he has no job and we agreed to terms to adhere. We had a contract signed in accordance to a mutual agreement. We brought up our own concerns and affairs to be settled and again, we all resolved it. But then after some time he gradually eliminate our communications and soon became none. I tried contacting him as soon as I realized that he is hiding and tried avoiding me. But he continued to avoid me and not communicate with me.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Unfortunately, you can't hastily go to the police since you have a private settlement and agreement. Personal loan cases or debt cases are considered to be civil case and not a criminal case so the police cannot take action of the said circumstance. Given the situation, you might want to ask him personally.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debt

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

Debt

What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

Debt

Hospital preventing a family to leave due to debts

Debt

Foreclosure of a private property

Debt

I owe my boss

Debt

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Related Reviews

Debt

No annual fee and works as a multi-currency card

Citibank only has one debit card which is the Citibank Debit Mastercard. Regardless of whether you bank with Citibank regularly, this is a useful debit card for frequent travellers. This debit card with no annual fee works as a multi-currency card if you link it to a Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account. Like with the DBS Multi-Currency Account, you can easily convert SGD to 9 foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, USD and Swiss Franc.

Citibank Debit Mastercard / Citibank Singapore

Debt

No transaction fee for your cash withdrawal via 24,000 BOC ATMs in Mainland China

With this card there are no currency exchange fees for all RMB transactions through RMB account. Plus enjoy convenience via UnionPay, the largest payment network in China. Interestingly, if the balance on your RMB sub-account is insufficient, the card will deduct from your SGD sub-account based on BOC’s real time exchange rate. There are no transaction fee for your cash withdrawal via 24,000 BOC ATMs in Mainland China for a limited time however.

BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card / Bank of China

Debt

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Debt

Transact in multiple currencies without incurring foreign currency exchange fee

The KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account has definitely changed for the better. With the introduction of Mighty FX, it now makes even more sense for a frequent traveller to take advantage of the enhanced ability of the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card to transact in multiple currencies without incurring a foreign currency exchange fee. If you want to earn KrisFlyer miles and don’t want to get or don’t qualify for a credit card, then the KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card and Account are the way to go.

KrisFlyer UOB Account / United Overseas Bank

Debt

The first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication

With contactless cash withdrawals, you can now withdraw cash easily and quickly with a tap of your phone instead of inserting your ATM card. UOB is perhaps the first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) that allows you to truly go digital. Now to enjoy the convenience of Contactless Cash Withdrawals, add your UOB Visa or MasterCard Debit Card to your mobile phone on MightyPay for Android users or ApplePay for iPhone users.

UOB Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Debt

3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions

The DBS Visa Debit Card has my vote for being the one of the best debit cards in Singapore. You get 3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions with a few conditions to be met like spend at least $400 a month on your debit card and limit cash withdrawals to $400 or less a month. Cashback is capped at $50 a month while you should note that PayWave transactions are capped at $200 per transaction. You should also know that the card can be used overseas with no foreign transaction fee if paired with a DBS Multi-Currency Account

DBS Visa Debit Card / DBS Bank