Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

I lend a money to a friend since he told me he has no job and we agreed to terms to adhere. We had a contract signed in accordance to a mutual agreement. We brought up our own concerns and affairs to be settled and again, we all resolved it. But then after some time he gradually eliminate our communications and soon became none. I tried contacting him as soon as I realized that he is hiding and tried avoiding me. But he continued to avoid me and not communicate with me.

  • user image

    No Name

    Unfortunately, you can't hastily go to the police since you have a private settlement and agreement. Personal loan cases or debt cases are considered to be civil case and not a criminal case so the police cannot take action of the said circumstance. Given the situation, you might want to ask him personally.

    2020.03.24 15:44

    Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

    Related Forums

    I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

    Can I get loan even though I have debts?

    Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

    Can a loan shark be full of debts?

    My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

    What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?