What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

My uncle died in a car accident the past month. Upto this day his family mourn for him and worries about the debts he left with my aunt and his sons. His will was not given to them since his debts was the executor prioritizes it before his will be stated to them. They got their family lawyer to settle his will along with his assets and liabilities.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

The family, including his wife (unless they have joint accounts) and sons, will not be inheriting the debts that your uncle left them. The debts of your uncle will be payable out of his estate. The executor responsible will then proceed to sell off investments and withdraw the money left in the deceased's bank accounts to pay off his debts. After settling the debts, is the time when the executor will distribute the remaining assets according to the instructions of the deceased’s will.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is my brother a possible guarantor?

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

I need assistance with my debts.

What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

Related Reviews

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

Earn unlimited cash rebate of 0.3% for all local and overseas retail transactions

BOC Zaobao Debit Card / Bank of China

Earn unlimited cash rebate of 0.3% for all local and overseas retail transactions when using your BOC Zaobao Debit Card.This offer is valid for a monthly spend of at least S$100 with a minimum deposit of S$1,500 and/or a monthly spend of at least RMB 500 with a minimum deposit of RMB 7,500 in the account.Other privileges allow you to use your new BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card at any UnionPay's merchants to enjoy 0.3% cash rebate and/or exclusive offers

Annual fee waiver triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year

UOB Lady’s Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

The principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card is entitled to the first 3 years card fee waived while thereafter, annual fee waiver will be triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year. By the way annual fee waiver shall not apply to applicants who have cancelled and reapplied for the same principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card. For eligibility, applicant must be female and be at least 16 years old and no minimum income is requirement.

Allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently

NTUC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

The NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card Plus App enhances your rewards experience and allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently. So be it shopping, exercising, traveling or dining, explore the discounts and deals you can get under Plus! Treats. You can even collect stamps from Plus! Partners to redeem exciting rewards.

The first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication

UOB Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

With contactless cash withdrawals, you can now withdraw cash easily and quickly with a tap of your phone instead of inserting your ATM card. UOB is perhaps the first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) that allows you to truly go digital. Now to enjoy the convenience of Contactless Cash Withdrawals, add your UOB Visa or MasterCard Debit Card to your mobile phone on MightyPay for Android users or ApplePay for iPhone users.

Withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees

Maybank Platinum Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

The Maybank offers two debit cards, the Maybank Platinum Debit Card (Mastercard) and the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card. Now for those of us, especially those who frequent Malaysia, the free Maybank Platinum Debit Card is pretty useful as it lets you withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees. Bear in mind, however, that foreign exchange rates may apply.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.