Forum
Last updated: 

My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

I am known as a generous person here in our area. I have been offering food to my neighbors every holidays. When it is my birthday I treat most of the neighbors who comes. Then there is this neighbor who needs money and borrowed from me, they told me that they are gonna repay me as soon as possible. But it is a year now and they have not updated me on that.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You can sue someone for money you loaned to them. A verbal agreement is usually enforceable. You will have to be able to prove the terms of the agreement and hopefully, you can do that through your bank records and text. Evidence must be provided to sue those who borrowed money from you. It is not a rare case here in Singapore but it also happens in other countries.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I buy a foreclosed house?

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

What will happen if someone unfortunately die of accident leaving his debts behind?

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Is my brother a possible guarantor?

Related Reviews

No transaction fee for your cash withdrawal via 24,000 BOC ATMs in Mainland China

With this card there are no currency exchange fees for all RMB transactions through RMB account. Plus enjoy convenience via UnionPay, the largest payment network in China. Interestingly, if the balance on your RMB sub-account is insufficient, the card will deduct from your SGD sub-account based on BOC’s real time exchange rate. There are no transaction fee for your cash withdrawal via 24,000 BOC ATMs in Mainland China for a limited time however.

BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card / Bank of China

3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn Takashimaya Bonus Point

This card offers a 3% voucher rebates along with a chance to earn 1 Takashimaya Bonus Point with every S$10 charged and redeem S$30 worth of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers with every 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points shopping discounts.They go even further with an additional 10% off during selected sales events in-store with complimentary free delivery service when you meet certain spend amount

DBS Takashimaya Debit Card / DBS Bank

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

No annual fee and works as a multi-currency card

Citibank only has one debit card which is the Citibank Debit Mastercard. Regardless of whether you bank with Citibank regularly, this is a useful debit card for frequent travellers. This debit card with no annual fee works as a multi-currency card if you link it to a Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account. Like with the DBS Multi-Currency Account, you can easily convert SGD to 9 foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, USD and Swiss Franc.

Citibank Debit Mastercard / Citibank Singapore

Enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants

With this card, you’ll be able to get cash rebates of up to 10% when you use your card to make purchases at participating merchants such as Cathay Cineplexes and Cold Storage.If you’re one for travelling and adventure, you can also enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants.There is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card.You only need to be 16 years or older with a UOB Savings Account or Current Account

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

For people who buys groceries at NTUC Fairprice

I recommend the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card, for people who buys groceries at NTUC Fairprice (practically every Singaporean who’s not on RedMart). The OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card offers a decent 4% rebate at NTUC FairPrice, Unity and Warehouse Club if you spend $200 outside of the “NTUC network” that month. If you spend $500, and your rebate goes up to 7%, you also get 3% link points when shopping on FaiPrice On. The downside is that the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card has an annual fee of $24. This is waived for the first year and subsequently takes $1,200 of spending per year (avg. $100 a month) to waive.

OCBC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation