My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

I am known as a generous person here in our area. I have been offering food to my neighbors every holidays. When it is my birthday I treat most of the neighbors who comes. Then there is this neighbor who needs money and borrowed from me, they told me that they are gonna repay me as soon as possible. But it is a year now and they have not updated me on that.

• user image

No Name

You can sue someone for money you loaned to them. A verbal agreement is usually enforceable. You will have to be able to prove the terms of the agreement and hopefully, you can do that through your bank records and text. Evidence must be provided to sue those who borrowed money from you. It is not a rare case here in Singapore but it also happens in other countries.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Can I get loan even though I have debts?

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

Related Reviews

An all in one card which provides the convenience of a combined credit and membership card

DBS NUSSU Debit Card / DBS Bank

This is yet another awesome all in one card which provides you with the convenience of a combined credit and membership card with the features that allow you to auto-charge NUSS bills to your Card. It comes with a pleasant complimentary annual fee waiver as long as you’re a NUSS Member. You also earn 2 DBS Rewards Points for every S$5 spend at any of the NUSS F&B outlets, earn 1 DBS Rewards Point for every S$5 you charge to your card island wide.

No annual fee and works as a multi-currency card

Citibank Debit Mastercard / Citibank Singapore

Citibank only has one debit card which is the Citibank Debit Mastercard. Regardless of whether you bank with Citibank regularly, this is a useful debit card for frequent travellers. This debit card with no annual fee works as a multi-currency card if you link it to a Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account. Like with the DBS Multi-Currency Account, you can easily convert SGD to 9 foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, USD and Swiss Franc.

Cash rebate is capped at a maximum of S$10 per calendar month.

Bank of China Great Wall International Debit Card / Bank of China

The Bank of China is now officially part of the atm5 shared network and in effect you can now check your account balance and enjoy cash withdrawals with your BOC Great Wall International MasterCard Debit Card at over 230 ATMs with atm5 Logo Island wide without any transaction fees. You should know that cash rebate is capped at a maximum of S$10 per calendar month.

Enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

With this card, you’ll be able to get cash rebates of up to 10% when you use your card to make purchases at participating merchants such as Cathay Cineplexes and Cold Storage.If you’re one for travelling and adventure, you can also enjoy up to 10% off on travel related bookings with participating merchants.There is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card.You only need to be 16 years or older with a UOB Savings Account or Current Account

I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debitrd

OCBC YES! Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I am not one to win things so you can imagine my joy when I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debit card. This promotion is however valid for your first OCBC deposit account and it must be opened online too. This offer is limited to the first 600 OCBC deposits accounts opened online per month.

The first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication

UOB Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

With contactless cash withdrawals, you can now withdraw cash easily and quickly with a tap of your phone instead of inserting your ATM card. UOB is perhaps the first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) that allows you to truly go digital. Now to enjoy the convenience of Contactless Cash Withdrawals, add your UOB Visa or MasterCard Debit Card to your mobile phone on MightyPay for Android users or ApplePay for iPhone users.