Forum
Last updated: 

My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

I am known as a generous person here in our area. I have been offering food to my neighbors every holidays. When it is my birthday I treat most of the neighbors who comes. Then there is this neighbor who needs money and borrowed from me, they told me that they are gonna repay me as soon as possible. But it is a year now and they have not updated me on that.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You can sue someone for money you loaned to them. A verbal agreement is usually enforceable. You will have to be able to prove the terms of the agreement and hopefully, you can do that through your bank records and text. Evidence must be provided to sue those who borrowed money from you. It is not a rare case here in Singapore but it also happens in other countries.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debt

I need assistance with my debts.

Debt

What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

Debt

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

Debt

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

Debt

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

Debt

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

Related Reviews

Debt

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Debt

Allows you free access to the library services

Enjoy exclusive Privileges at China Cultural Centre such as free access to over 17,000 arts and cultural books in the library of China Cultural Centre using the new BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card. At the back of the card, you should find a barcode which allows you to have free access to the library services.For the first visit, you are required to bring along your BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card with your NRIC/Passport to the library in China Cultural Centre for activation

BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card / Bank of China

Debt

Up to 3% Cash Rebate and 5X TREATS points when Manchester United wins a Premier League match

1% unlimited cash rebate and 1X TREATS Points on all transactions with up to 3% Cash Rebate and 5X TREATS points when Manchester United wins a Premier League match. What is simply mind blowing is the fact that there is the first 2 years annual fee waived while subsequent waivers are at a minimum spend of S$3,600 per year. I recommend this card for Man United fans and non-fans too.

Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

Debt

Supports the NETS FlashPay function to top up and tap for public transport,

The HSBC debit cards have no annual fees and it offers overseas cash withdrawal with no transaction fee at HSBC ATMs. However, this is ONLY for HSBC Advance and Premier Account holders. If you do qualify, the good thing is that HSBC has a strong ATM network in countries like Hong Kong.This card also supports the NETS FlashPay function so you can top up and tap for public transport, you can also link it up with SimplyGo and can be used to withdraw cash from cash points like 7-11, Cold Storage, Guardian and ATMs with “atm5” symbol

HSBC Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Debt

I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debitrd

I am not one to win things so you can imagine my joy when I won S$20 cash credit for the deposit account that was opened together with my debit card. This promotion is however valid for your first OCBC deposit account and it must be opened online too. This offer is limited to the first 600 OCBC deposits accounts opened online per month.

OCBC YES! Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Debt

Withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees

The Maybank offers two debit cards, the Maybank Platinum Debit Card (Mastercard) and the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card. Now for those of us, especially those who frequent Malaysia, the free Maybank Platinum Debit Card is pretty useful as it lets you withdraw cash from Maybank ATMs with no transaction fees. Bear in mind, however, that foreign exchange rates may apply.

Maybank Platinum Debit Card / Maybank Singapore