Forum
Last updated: 

Is my brother a possible guarantor?

I cannot apply for a loan anymore because I have done too many inquiries regarding loan and they already black listed my name. I planned on putting my brother's name under it but wouldn't it be illegal because it was still for me? But there is no law about using other's name to loan. There will be no laws violated so I think it was okay?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Your brother will be a guarantor and it is anyone who will be liable or someone who is willing to pay other's debt. That will be the job of your brother. He will have no choice but to pay your debts if you cannot. In this case, your brother is your guarantor but not legally, comparing it to the jobs a guarantor should have.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I am called to pay my debt earlier than the agreed time.

Can I buy a foreclosed house?

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

I'm currently in a lot of debt. and I need it to stop

My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

Related Reviews

The first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication

With contactless cash withdrawals, you can now withdraw cash easily and quickly with a tap of your phone instead of inserting your ATM card. UOB is perhaps the first bank in Southeast Asia to launch Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) that allows you to truly go digital. Now to enjoy the convenience of Contactless Cash Withdrawals, add your UOB Visa or MasterCard Debit Card to your mobile phone on MightyPay for Android users or ApplePay for iPhone users.

UOB Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

24-hour Concierge and minimum of 16 years of age eligibility

Major highlights with this card has got to be the 24-hour Concierge, minimum of 16 years of age eligibility, 1% cashback on overseas and online transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter, 0.3% cashback on local transactions with minimum spend of SGD $1,000 per quarter and enables contactless payment with maximum spend of SGD $100 under UnionPay QuickPass.

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card / DBS Bank

Supports the NETS FlashPay function to top up and tap for public transport,

The HSBC debit cards have no annual fees and it offers overseas cash withdrawal with no transaction fee at HSBC ATMs. However, this is ONLY for HSBC Advance and Premier Account holders. If you do qualify, the good thing is that HSBC has a strong ATM network in countries like Hong Kong.This card also supports the NETS FlashPay function so you can top up and tap for public transport, you can also link it up with SimplyGo and can be used to withdraw cash from cash points like 7-11, Cold Storage, Guardian and ATMs with “atm5” symbol

HSBC Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Allows you free access to the library services

Enjoy exclusive Privileges at China Cultural Centre such as free access to over 17,000 arts and cultural books in the library of China Cultural Centre using the new BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card. At the back of the card, you should find a barcode which allows you to have free access to the library services.For the first visit, you are required to bring along your BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card with your NRIC/Passport to the library in China Cultural Centre for activation

BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card / Bank of China

Spend at least $400 a month and get 4% rebate

This debit card comes with free PAssion membership of up to $12 for 5 years. Don’t know what’s so great about that but it adds up for some people. Plus when you spend at least $400 a month on the POSB PAssion Card, you get 4% rebate at Giant, Cold Storage and Guardian. If you have a family, you also get 5% rebate at popular Singapore places of attractions and 1-for-1 tickets on the 10th of every month.

PAssion POSB Debit Card / DBS Bank

3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions

The DBS Visa Debit Card has my vote for being the one of the best debit cards in Singapore. You get 3% cashback for contactless payments like Visa PayWave, Apple Pay transactions with a few conditions to be met like spend at least $400 a month on your debit card and limit cash withdrawals to $400 or less a month. Cashback is capped at $50 a month while you should note that PayWave transactions are capped at $200 per transaction. You should also know that the card can be used overseas with no foreign transaction fee if paired with a DBS Multi-Currency Account

DBS Visa Debit Card / DBS Bank