Forum
Last updated: 

Is my brother a possible guarantor?

I cannot apply for a loan anymore because I have done too many inquiries regarding loan and they already black listed my name. I planned on putting my brother's name under it but wouldn't it be illegal because it was still for me? But there is no law about using other's name to loan. There will be no laws violated so I think it was okay?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Your brother will be a guarantor and it is anyone who will be liable or someone who is willing to pay other's debt. That will be the job of your brother. He will have no choice but to pay your debts if you cannot. In this case, your brother is your guarantor but not legally, comparing it to the jobs a guarantor should have.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is being a guarantor a practical job?

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

The debt collector is asking for a private settlement

I owe my boss

Can I get loan even though I have debts?

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

Related Reviews

Up to 3% Cash Rebate and 5X TREATS points when Manchester United wins a Premier League match

1% unlimited cash rebate and 1X TREATS Points on all transactions with up to 3% Cash Rebate and 5X TREATS points when Manchester United wins a Premier League match. What is simply mind blowing is the fact that there is the first 2 years annual fee waived while subsequent waivers are at a minimum spend of S$3,600 per year. I recommend this card for Man United fans and non-fans too.

Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card / Maybank Singapore

Charging annual fees on a debit card,

UOB has several debit cards in its stable, but I would urge you to ignore the crowd and quantity and go for quality like the UOB Delight Debit Card. But I think it’s quite absurd that they are charging annual fees on a debit card, yes that is right, yes, believe it or not, UOB charges annual fees on their debit cards – and some are not that easy to waive.

UOB Delight Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

Supports the NETS FlashPay function to top up and tap for public transport,

The HSBC debit cards have no annual fees and it offers overseas cash withdrawal with no transaction fee at HSBC ATMs. However, this is ONLY for HSBC Advance and Premier Account holders. If you do qualify, the good thing is that HSBC has a strong ATM network in countries like Hong Kong.This card also supports the NETS FlashPay function so you can top up and tap for public transport, you can also link it up with SimplyGo and can be used to withdraw cash from cash points like 7-11, Cold Storage, Guardian and ATMs with “atm5” symbol

HSBC Debit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend

In my opinion, the SAFRA DBS debit card is simply the best debit card. NSF cardholders can get 2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend. For everyone else, that is non-NSFs, the minimum spend to enjoy these bonus cashback rates is actually $400. But by and large this I believe is worth it in order to reap the full benefits with the card.

SAFRA DBS Debit Card / DBS Bank

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently

The NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card Plus App enhances your rewards experience and allows you to check your LinkPoints balance and transaction history conveniently. So be it shopping, exercising, traveling or dining, explore the discounts and deals you can get under Plus! Treats. You can even collect stamps from Plus! Partners to redeem exciting rewards.

NTUC Plus! VISA Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation