Forum
Last updated: 

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

I've heard that there's a company that offers a free sim only plan. I'm an overseas worker who just arrived in Singapore and I don't have much cash to work with so I was wondering if there is actually such a thing and if there is, which mobile company offers thse plans what are the service/services that are included in the plan?

User comments

• user image

No Name

At first it might sound lika a hoax but since this is Singapore where possibilities are limitless. There is a company called Circles.Life that offers a free sim only plan. Their plan includes 1GB of data, 30min talk time and 10 SMS every month for S$0. This is perfect for someone who just needs a sim card for emergency purposes or someone who needs a line so they can be reached but does not use their phone much. TPG also offers one which includes 2G of data/day but you can;t use it for calls and SMS.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore