What should I do if I keep long money in the stock?

I have been investing for many years, but I keep losing money in the stock market. I worry that if this keeps up, I might not be able to gain profit and eventually go bankrupt. I have myself and my family to feed with my current line of work. I am new to this industry so I am not aware of any solutions. What should I do?

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Investors with a losing portfolio usually hold on to their losers and hope that one day their investments will turn around which is why you need to compound your wins.Always invest in good companies. Research is key to finding good companies. Portfolio diversification is very important as it help us to minimize our non-market risk but avoid diversifying too much. Finally, you should only invest when the opportunity arises.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

Related Reviews

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Fantastic Rewards

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.