Forum
Last updated: 

What are the options for contactless payment with DBS UnionPay Platinum Credit Card?

I am told that the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card offers unmatched privileges and rewards and is widely acceptance at millions of merchants worldwide with no ATM fee for overseas cash withdrawals and seamless way to pay in Singapore. What options do they have for contactless payment?

User comments

• user image

No Name

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card offers contactless Payment via UnionPay QuickPass and with NETS FlashPay. The former allows you to pay securely for purchases of $100 and below without any signature, by holding your card on a contactless reader. The latter allows you to tap and pay with FlashPay for rides on MRT/LRT/Buses and taxis with FlashPay acceptance. You can also use it for ERP gantries and selected car parks and enjoy convenience in payment at over 87,000 acceptance points.

2019.08.01 5:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Can DBN UnionPay Platinum Debit Card supplementary Card members earn points?

DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card

Related Forums

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Related Reviews

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation