Forum
Last updated: 

Apart from global ATM withdrawals and making payments at participating merchants and online payments, what other card benefits exist with the Bank of China Great Wall International Debit Card?

I gather that the Bank of China Singapore Branch has issued a platinum MasterCard called the Great Wall International Debit Card which also allows faster and better services and greater savings when you spend at our participating merchants.

User comments

• user image

No Name

The first main benefit is Card Security as the card promises enhanced card protection with EMV Chip that allows for 24-hour SMS notification, monitoring of suspicious transactions and secured online payment. Subsequently, online shopping is made safer with a one-time password (OTP) authentication for secured payments on participating websites showing MasterCard SecureCode logo. There are no annual fees but you can be rewarded with cash rebates 0.1% for your purchases made with your Debit Card in Singapore and overseas with a minimum spend of S$100 monthly!

2019.08.01 5:18

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

What are the different types of stock?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Related Reviews

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation