Forum
Last updated: 

I would like to know the best privileges in store for a new user of the OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card?

My niece just turned 21 years and is considering the idea of getting the OCBC Denki Credit Card. Who can share knowledge of the benefits that the card comes with such as should attract a new user?

User comments

• user image

No Name

I have been using the OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card for 8 months now and I have no complains with it as the benefits are enticing and unique. The card offers 12% BEST Rewards (equivalent to 3% cash rebate) for any amount charged on BEST Denki, including items purchased on the 0% interest instalment plan. For an example, when you spend $100 on BEST Denki, you receive 12 BEST Rewards or its equivalent of S$3 cash rebate. You can also earn an extra 2% rebate for annual spend of S$10,000 and above, and 2.5% rebate for annual spend of S$20,000 and above. When you spend a minimum of S$200 in a single receipt on bulky items, you can have your purchases delivered for free. One particular benefit I love is the one that allows you to use your OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card and pay only 16% of the purchase price for more coverage with Safety 5 Premium Warranty Programme. This 5-year extended warranty will cover Product Failure, Flood Protection, Fire Protection, Theft from Home Protection and Damage Protection.

2019.08.01 5:55

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Free Delivery when I get to spend a minimum of S$200

I was really surprised and delighted when I found out I could get free Delivery when I get to spend a minimum of S$200 in a single receipt on bulky items, mostly items that do not fit into a car boot like my furniture set and home appliances. Those types of purchases have been delivered to mefor free.

OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Customer service was extremely helpful and able to resolve any queries over the phone

First of all, OCBC has excellent customer service worth mentioning. I was also impressed by the customer service who were extremely helpful and often able to resolve any queries over the phone. Responsiveness is on point. They are cordial and professional in terms of communicating and relatively easy to be contacted via the hotline with minimal waiting time.

Instant S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required.

OCBC cards can obtain instant approval when you apply for them via MyInfo and can be used immediately. With the principal card you need a spend of S$160.50 a year to earn an annual fee waiver for your OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card and you must spend a minimum of at least S$5,000 in one year, starting from the month after your OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card was issued. Annual fees waived for the first 2 years. Instant S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required.

Spend a minimum of S$200 in a single receipt on bulky items and have your purchases delivered for free.

Highlight of the perks with this card should be receiving 12% BEST Rewards equivalent to 3% cash rebate for any amount charged at BEST Denki, including items purchased on the 0% interest instalments plan. For example, S$100 spent at BEST Denki equals 12 BEST Rewards equals S$3 cash rebate. Also, spend a minimum of S$200 in a single receipt on bulky items such as items that cannot fit inside your car and have your purchases delivered for free.

5 Premium Warranty Programme a 5-year extended warranty will cover Product Failure, Flood Protection, Fire Protection, Theft from Home Protection and Damage Protection.

With the cards safety 5 Premium Warranty Programme you can use your OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card and pay only 16% of the purchase price for more coverage with Safety 5 Premium Warranty Programme. This 5-year extended warranty will cover Product Failure, Flood Protection, Fire Protection, Theft from Home Protection and Damage Protection.

Recommending Forums

What is the Denki Safety 5 Premium Warranty Programme? Anyone conversant with it?

OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card

Related Forums

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

Related Reviews

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International