Forum
Last updated: 

Is it true that the UOB Delight Credit Card is limited in its reach?

I hear that with the card bulk of the spending are at DFG Group like the Guardian, Giant, Cold Storage, are there no more offers beyond this or is the card indeed that limiting?

User comments

• user image

No Name

On the contrary there are a pool of other packages and offer to profit from starting from the 3% SMART$ rebate on all Visa payWave purchases (UOB Mighty Pay, Apply Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay) and NETS FlashPay Auto Top-ups for MRT/LRT, public bus, Comfort & CityCab and SMRT taxis, ERP and CEPAS-compliant car park charges with S$400 min. spend per month. Plus, you can get 3% SMART$ rebate on Singapore Power and recurring bills for telcos, Prudential Insurance, and United Overseas Insurance (UOI), Town Councils and SPH newspapers with S$400 min. spend per monthly. You stand to enjoy 7% SMART$ Rebate with One Card and 4% SMART$ Rebate with all other principal and supplementary UOB Credit & Debit Cards.

2019.08.01 7:2

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

How can I digitise my new credit card for contactless payments?

UOB Delight Credit Card

Related Forums

What are bond and how do they work?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore