Forum
Last updated: 

Would $100 invested monthly for a blue-chip via the OCBC Frank Card be a smart move?

I want to invest $100 monthly into a blue-chip through OCBC Frank but I gather there is a monthly fee of $5. Would I be making a loss by investing only $100/month or should I put in more money?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Please note that OCBC Monthly Investment plan is too expensive for someone who wants to invest just $100 a month. I believe a $5 out of $100 is way too expensive and you should look to increase the size of your investment or look for other monthly investment plans out there. I remember my start out amount was $500 per month and OCBC only charge me the first $5 transaction only. Subsequently, I was not charge for more $5.

2019.08.01 2:51

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Would a $150 monthly investment into blue-chips through OCBC Frank be a good plan even with the monthly fee of $5?

FRANK Credit Card

Can one convert VOYAGE Miles to any frequent flyer miles with other airlines?

FRANK Credit Card

Related Forums

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What are bond and how do they work?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Related Reviews

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International