Forum
Last updated: 

Would $100 invested monthly for a blue-chip via the OCBC Frank Card be a smart move?

I want to invest $100 monthly into a blue-chip through OCBC Frank but I gather there is a monthly fee of $5. Would I be making a loss by investing only $100/month or should I put in more money?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Please note that OCBC Monthly Investment plan is too expensive for someone who wants to invest just $100 a month. I believe a $5 out of $100 is way too expensive and you should look to increase the size of your investment or look for other monthly investment plans out there. I remember my start out amount was $500 per month and OCBC only charge me the first $5 transaction only. Subsequently, I was not charge for more $5.

2019.08.01 2:51

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Would a $150 monthly investment into blue-chips through OCBC Frank be a good plan even with the monthly fee of $5?

FRANK Credit Card

Can one convert VOYAGE Miles to any frequent flyer miles with other airlines?

FRANK Credit Card

Related Forums

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Related Reviews

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore