Forum
Last updated: 

Should I borrow at 6% interest from the bank for an investment I will make 10%? Will it be sustainable?

Let’s say the interest on my loan is 6% and I will be making 10% from the investment, will I be correct to go ahead and borrow as I will earn enough to pay for interest?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes and No. Yes, but be sure that you are able to service your loan monthly and consider your other payments and plans that may affect you. No there is no guarantee you can get 10% back annually. But the 6% loan annual interest is guaranteed. My personal opinion is invest only what you can afford to lose. Can you afford to pay the bank back should you lose this amount in your investment?

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Related Reviews

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore