Forum
Last updated: 

Can I get a house loan if I recently got discharged from bankruptcy?

Hi, I recently got discharged from bankruptcy and I started a new business while also earning from my current employment. My income is steady and I thought of getting a housing loan but I fear that the finncial institutes will no approve it. Is it possible for me to obtain a housing loan even if I was recently discharged from bankruptcy?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Most financial institutions would usually do a background check but there is no need to fear. If you just go discharged this year then it might be hard but it doesn't mean that you'll never be able to get a housing loan. Financial institutions will consider approving your housing loan but you wil need to be discharged from bankruptcy for at least a year or two.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I need to loan a big amount of money but from whom?

Is this loaning agency legit?

Buying a car

Can I obtain a housing loan if I have credit card issues?

I want to apply for a renovation loan.

Can I still apply for a loan after declaring bankcruptcy?

Related Reviews

Quick Cash has the lowest published interest rates on the market and no processing fees

Citi Personal Loans / Citibank Singapore

DBS personal loans are based on either your credit card or personal line of credit

DBS personal loans are based on either your credit card or personal line of credit. Thus if you have DBS credit card or DBS Cashline and a DBS deposit account, you can apply through internet banking and get your loan processed immediately and credited instantly into your account. However if you don’t have a DBS credit card you can still get this loan, but you will have to furnish your income documents and obviously you won’t get the funds right away

DBS Personal Loan / DBS Bank

MoneySmart exclusive rate of 3.5% (7.27% p.a.) for new loan customers with only 1% processing fee

The OCBC ExtraCash Loan is a true personal loan as it allows you to borrow up to 6X your monthly salary. However, I must warn that the interest rate is kinda high. If you don’t require that much money, I recommend that you consider the OCBC Cash-on-Instalments loan which is slightly cheaper. However currently with OCBC personal loan, you can get a MoneySmart exclusive rate of 3.5% (7.27% p.a.) for new loan customers with only 1% processing fee. For existing loan customers, you pay an interest of 4.7% p.a. (EIR 9.46% p.a.).

OCBC ExtraCash Loan / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore

If you need to borrow a large amount but cannot afford a big monthly repayment, then you should give consideration to the HSBC Personal Loan. This HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore which means you’ll be paying 7 years’ worth of interest. HSBC is also great for those who need cash urgently as you can get approval-in-principle within one minute and receive the money the next working day. Isn’t that just wonderful?

HSBC Personal Loan / HSBC Bank Singapore

Apply for a Citi Quick Cash to pay for urgent expenses such as medical bills and business expenses,

One can us the Citi Quick Cash for big ticket purchases and projects like home renovations while you can basically use the Citi Quick Cash for any type of expenses. On the other hand, you can also apply for a Citi Quick Cash to pay for urgent expenses such as medical bills, business expenses, unexpected repairs and much more. With Citi Quick Cash, the possibilities are in fact endless. You can also convert your unutilised credit limit to cash in your Citi Deposit Account in 60 seconds. A major plus is that you can get the cash on your terms and anytime on your mobile phone and repay with plans up to 60 months. No documents required and no hidden fees.

Citi Quick Cash / Citibank Singapore

Get interest-free cash in 15 minutes from as low as 0.7% processing fee

With the Credit Card Funds Transfer, you can get interest-free cash in 15 minutes from as low as 0.7% processing fee (EIR from 2.83% p.a.) and also freely choose your preferred tenure of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. Although they offer a 0% p.a. interest rate, this is valid for a Credit Card Funds Transfer with a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month tenure and is only applicable to the amount transferred pursuant to the application submitted in respect of this promotion. The prevailing interest rate of 26.9% p.a. applies after the expiration of the tenure indicated in the application form.

Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore