Forum
Last updated: 

How does the Rewards Cap of 20,000 Rewards Points work for the Prudential Platinum Card?

Can I earn more than 20,000 Rewards Points on my Prudential Platinum Credit Card, how exactly does the rewards cap of 20,000 Rewards Points work for the Prudential Credit Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The Rewards cap of 20,000 Rewards Points is only applicable to the additional 360° Rewards Points awarded on Qualifying Dining Transactions and Qualifying Foreign Currency Transactions. But once you reach the cap, you may continue to earn 1X Reward Point per S$1 (or its equivalent for spends that are not made in Singapore Dollars, as the case may be) spent on the card on all eligible Prudential Card Transactions. Additional Rewards Points are for all Qualifying Dining Transactions, where you will earn additional 4X Reward Points for every S$1 spent in Singapore Dollars; and for every Qualifying Foreign Currency, you will earn additional 9X Reward Points for every S$1 spent in foreign currency (spends that are not made in Singapore Dollars).

2019.08.01 4:5

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Do I need to make a minimum spend amount to qualify for the new additional Rewards Points under the Prudential Card Rewards Points Promotion?

Standard Chartered Prudential Platinum Card

What is the Cash Advance fee per transaction on a cash advance from the Prudential Platinum Card?

Standard Chartered Prudential Platinum Card

Related Forums

What are Stocks?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Related Reviews

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation