Forum
Last updated: 

Has anyone applied for CIMB AWSM credit card? Is it a good card Care to share the pro and cons?

Hello everyone, I will like to hear from you if you have tried the CIMB AWSM credit card and if so is it a good card, can you share some pros and cons of the card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

This card targets students, NSFs and the lower income earners. In my opinion it is a pretty good card for the target audience since as an NSF myself, I do not meet the minimum salary for the other better credit cards. Furthermore, it doesn't have any annual fees so I can just keep it and use it whenever I want/need to without worrying about any fees. As for DBS debit card, I believe that it requires a minimum spending of $400 which I believe most students and NSFs can't hit, and thus will be unable to qualify for the cashback. So this CIMB AWSM credit card is a good alternative for them. In a brief summary the Pros include no min income to apply for students and NSF, low entry point of $18,000 if you are under 35, better lifestyle perks with telecommunication and dining, unlimited cash back and no annual fees. The cons on the other hand include the fact that 1% is a very Low level for rebates, applicant must not be an existing CIMB Credit Card member, which I find to be quite odd anyway. In summary, you can get the card if you do not meet the minimum income requirements of a standard credit card as it offers a fuss free cash rebate program.

2019.08.01 4:19

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Can I still use my present card with the old CIMB AWSM Card face while I await the new card face?

CIMB AWSM Card

Related Forums

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore