Forum
Last updated: 

I just got my first card ever and it’s a UOB Visa Signature Card, Can I use it as it’s un-activated to perform transactions at the ATM?

I am completely new to cards and just got my fist card after I have been working for a little over 8 months now. Can I use this card right off to make some internet purchases without activating it?

User comments

• user image

No Name

No. you will need to first activate it as a new un-activated card cannot be used for any of the above mentioned transactions. If you were to try using it on an ATM without activating, you will be prompted on the ATM screen to activate the credit card with your credit card PIN once the card is inserted into the ATM.

2019.08.01 4:46

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Is UOB Visa Signature the best card for overseas spending’s?

UOB VISA Signature Card

Hello guys I have forgotten my UOB Visa Signature Card, what do I do?

UOB VISA Signature Card

What is the MyInfo feature by UOPB Visa Signature Card all about?

UOB VISA Signature Card

My data populated on UOB’s application form is incorrect. How do I change it?

UOB VISA Signature Card

Related Forums

What are bond and how do they work?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What are the different types of stock?

Related Reviews

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International