Forum
Last updated: 

What are the rewards and highlights of referring a friend to the Citi Cash Back Visa Card?

I hope to make some extra cash by referring some friends to the Citi Cash Back Visa Card and would love to be made conversant with the rewards and benefits to it for such referrals. What are the exact steps the/I should take to complete the process?

User comments

• user image

No Name

You get rewarded when your friends apply as new Citi Card members and spend 62,500 Points when they apply as a new Citi Prestige Card member by S$50 + Up to S$1,500 Bonus cash when your friends successfully apply as a new card member. You basically generate your unique referral link and share your unique referral link with your friends, your friends have to click on the unique referral link and complete a credit card application online. You can get up to S$1,500 Bonus cash when you refer up to your 15th referral.

2019.08.01 5:23

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn additional bonus cashback with minimum spending of $888 in the statement month

Generally speaking, I find this card to be pretty good card as quite a number of the merchants that they partner with for the promotions are those whom I visit frequently to earn a decent cash rebate from my purchases and overall spending. And not until recently did I realize that one can get to earn additional bonus cashback with minimum spending of $888 in the statement month, so therefore with proper planning on all your bigger purchase it can help you gain more cash rebates faster.

With this card you can get cash back by charging to the card and also get rebates or discounts

Best card ever! I have been using their Citibank Credit Cards since 8 years ago. They are probably the pioneers of cashback cards in Singapore essentially changing from their Dividend card to Cashback card. I would like to point out that with this card you can get cash back by charging to the card and also get rebates or discounts for Lazada purchases and Petrol station top up too.

The card charges me interest every month despite me ensuring to pay up the full figure

This card has not been pleasant for me, as a matter of fact I am having regrets about it. The card charges me interest every month despite me ensuring to pay up the full figure. I am left to assume that maybe these monthly interest were incurred due to lead-time of requesting them to rectify the previous error. Whatever the reasons may be, I just know that I am not happy with this card presently.

Very bad customer service is making it difficult for me to continue holding this card

Even as all forms of customer service is done online one would expect that they would make the online customer service seamless however bad customer service is making it difficult for me to commute when problems arises. I even went further to send emails through my account asking them to return my call back, but received none till date save for tons of calls from their marketing department promoting their loans and other services

I have to say this is not a good system and there are better cashback cards out there

In respect to the cashback, I was informed that we need to accumulate 50 points before we can redeem it out. This prompted me to be using the card very frequent, but still the percentage of cashback was so low that I only succeeded in reaching 30 points. I have to say this is not a good system and there are better cashback cards out there.

Recommending Forums

Can I make a dispute over a transaction if I am not satisfied with the quality of the product/service provided by the merchant?

Citi Cash Back Visa Card

Related Forums

What are the different types of stock?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.