Forum
Last updated: 

Are there any types of special transactions that do not earn rebates for spends on the UOB YOLO Card?

How does the bank classify transactions into categories to earn rebate and as such are there any types of transactions that do not earn rebates for spends on the UOB YOLO Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Hello there! The following transactions do not earn rebates and they include Payment of funds to prepaid accounts, Instalment payment plans, Charitable or religious organizations, government institutions and services, Balance/funds transfers, cash advances, fees, interests, finance charges, late payment charges, annual fee charges, reversals, other financial charges. The bank identifies transactions and their categories via codes assigned by Visa. These are not decided by the bank but rather by the merchants and their acquiring banks.

2019.08.01 6:9

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Are there any types of transactions with the UOB YOLO Card that do not earn rebate?

UOB YOLO Card

What do you think of the UOB YOLO for a student based on your personal experience?

UOB YOLO Card

What is your honest opinion on the UOB YOLO?

UOB YOLO Card

Related Forums

What are Stocks?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What are bond and how do they work?

Related Reviews

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International