Forum
Last updated: 

I am currently studying in a tertiary institution and earn no income but I receive from my parents a little less than S$30,000 per annum. Can I still apply for the eVibes Card?

Also is it a must that I need to terminate the eVibes Card once I graduate from the tertiary institution and start working or is it till when I get to 30 years old?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes, you can apply for the eVibes Card if you fulfil the eligibility criteria. You do not need to receive a salary or earn any income to apply for the eVibes Card. However, you will need to be a tertiary student currently studying in any of the eligible above tertiary institutions. You will be invited to upgrade to a Credit Card with a minimum annual income requirement after your graduation. Nonetheless, you can still use the eVibes Card even if you’ve joined the workforce, or upon reaching 30 years old.

2019.08.01 6:39

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What student’s card can I use to pay for things in order to receive the most cashback?

Maybank eVibes Card - The Student Card

I am 20 years old, does my legal guardian need to provide her income documents in order for me to get the Maybank eVibes Card?

Maybank eVibes Card - The Student Card

Related Forums

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

Related Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore