Forum
Last updated: 

I am a student in need of an income stream, can I invest in bitcoin?

I have always been intrigued by bitcoins after a friend of mine made some considerable profits a while back. I am in need of some income stream to help offset bills and possible save some money. Is there a way I can make money with bitcoins?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes you can make money with bitcoins but I caution against investing in something you do not understand. In as much as there are genuine profits made, there have also been a number of scams surrounding crypto in general, with many ICOs being duds and so on. So here is my advice, if you really want to enter into bitcoin, do your research then find a platform that gives you a good buy and sell signal and begin you’re trading from there but be conscious to trade purposefully and don't hoard it. Final advice, never look at it as an investment, the risk maybe too high for that luxury as there are no fundamentals that support the prices.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore