May I use the savings of my brother to pay a repossessed item?

Me and my brother are very close to each other, we usually hang out a lot. We share a lot of things, we share food, clothes and a lot of more. I like to shop a lot and I also but things for my brother. He lent me his debit card to use for some items. I saw some repossessed items for sale on a lower price that is slightly used. Can I use his card to buy it?

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

If you have someones debit card or credit card that is being used by other persons, you should give an authorization to those people before they use it. Some stores needs a proof of authorization before using it. It is more applicable if the owner of the card is the one to use it even though he or she is a relative or a someone close

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

The atm is not functioning well

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

Related Reviews

Coverage for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving etc

MSIG TravelEasy Standard Pre-Ex / MSIG Insurance Singapore

You are covered for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving, paragliding, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, white water rafting, diving and general snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. There is also decent golf coverage for equipment, unused green fees, and hole-in-one (that should please all the golf lovers). However, you will only get the adventure cover and golf cover for Elite and Premier plans (too bad golf lovers).

Covers pregnancy-related medical situations

AVIVA Travel Plus / Aviva

This Aviva travel insurance also covers pregnancy-related medical situations as long as the delivery date is at least 12 weeks away from your return to Singapore. Most other insurance companies are extremely reluctant to bear that risk but I should mention that if you’re planning to get married or engage in some pre-wedding photoshoot overseas, then take advantage of the nicely packaged add-on for comprehensive wedding coverage to help minimise the amount of freaking out over your special day.

Insurance policy covers outdoor activities and even extreme sports.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Superior Plans / American Express International

I don’t usually make reviews or comments about products but one simple thing that impressed me about the Amex Express VoyageGuard was that there was absolutely nothing at all in the Amex travel insurance policy wording to exclude outdoor activities or even extreme sports. That is very unlike other competitors we exclude such, I commend this card for being adventurous.

On-line cliams process was very easy and fast

Etiqu ePROTECT travel Basic Plan / Etiqa Insurance

I made a claim for flight delay and the on-line process was very easy and fast. The claim was actually approved within a day and the claimed amount credited into my e-wallet the following day.Your credit in the e-wallet is best cashed out using Paynow as it is very simple and convenient.

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

A very good international reputation for its emergency assistance

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Standard Plans / American Express International

Even though you may purchase this travel insurance from American Express channels, every aspect of the after-sales support is taken care of by Chubb Insurance. Chubb has a very good international reputation for its emergency assistance, which is reassuring if you ever worry about such unforeseen circumstances and events occurring. They have an efficient emergency hotline assistance service, while claims can be submitted online with supporting documents through Chubb’s online portal.