Forum
Last updated: 

How can I apply for the Debt Consolidation Plan and who is eligible for it?

If I am correct, the CIMB Platinum MasterCard’s Debt Consolidation is a debt refinancing program which offers the customer the option to consolidate all his unsecured credit facilities across financial institutions with 1 participating financial institution. How exactly do I go about applying for this plan?

User comments

• user image

No Name

You may approach any of the 14 Participating financial institutions which offer the Debt Consolidation Plan to apply for a Debt Consolidation Plan. An applicant is only allowed to apply once with one Participating financial institution in Singapore as an applicant can only have one Debt Consolidation Plan. To be eligible for DCP, you must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and earn between $30,000 and $120,000 per annum plus have total interest-bearing unsecured debt on all credit cards and unsecured credit facilities with financial institutions in Singapore that exceeds 12 times of your monthly income. However, certain categories of unsecured loans are excluded from DCP, such as joint accounts, renovation loans, education loan, medical loans, and/or credit facilities granted for businesses or business purposes

2019.08.01 4:13

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Who can please share with me the features and benefits you enjoy with the CIMB Platinum MasterCard?

CIMB Platinum Mastercard

Related Forums

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

Related Reviews

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation