Forum
Last updated: 

What is the Metro-UOB Card’s package known as the UOB Island Rewards all about?

With so many card offerings by UOB bank I wonder if this Metro-UOB Card will offer anything special. Who knows about this card and can you share its goodies if there are any?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The UOB Island of Rewards promises that for every S$5 charged to your Metro-UOB Card, you will earn UNI$1. And you are free to choose from over 1,000 reward items including dining treats, shopping vouchers, movie tickets and more, with a 10% discount applies to regular-priced items with a blue tag. There is a 5% rebate that will be awarded in the form of Metro$ based on the net amount charged to the Metro-UOB Card. Metro$ can be exchanged for Metro Shoppers Cheques to offset your next purchase. Note that the 5% rebate does not apply to the purchase of Metro Gift Vouchers, Metro Gift Cards and Metro Shoppers Cheques. Metro$ rebates earned is valid for a 12-month period starting from the month earned.

2019.08.01 4:53

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

I own a Metro-UOB Card, what is the maximum cash that I can withdraw when I am overseas?

Metro-UOB Card

How does one go about redeeming rewards from the Metro-UOB Card?

Metro-UOB Card

Is it permitted to combine the UNI$ that I have earned from my different UOB Credit Card Accounts or transfer these UNI$ between my Accounts to start with?

Metro-UOB Card

Related Forums

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore