What is the Metro-UOB Card’s package known as the UOB Island Rewards all about?

With so many card offerings by UOB bank I wonder if this Metro-UOB Card will offer anything special. Who knows about this card and can you share its goodies if there are any?

• user image

No Name

The UOB Island of Rewards promises that for every S$5 charged to your Metro-UOB Card, you will earn UNI$1. And you are free to choose from over 1,000 reward items including dining treats, shopping vouchers, movie tickets and more, with a 10% discount applies to regular-priced items with a blue tag. There is a 5% rebate that will be awarded in the form of Metro$ based on the net amount charged to the Metro-UOB Card. Metro$ can be exchanged for Metro Shoppers Cheques to offset your next purchase. Note that the 5% rebate does not apply to the purchase of Metro Gift Vouchers, Metro Gift Cards and Metro Shoppers Cheques. Metro$ rebates earned is valid for a 12-month period starting from the month earned.

2019.08.01 4:53

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

I own a Metro-UOB Card, what is the maximum cash that I can withdraw when I am overseas?

Metro-UOB Card

How does one go about redeeming rewards from the Metro-UOB Card?

Metro-UOB Card

Is it permitted to combine the UNI$ that I have earned from my different UOB Credit Card Accounts or transfer these UNI$ between my Accounts to start with?

Metro-UOB Card

Related Forums

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

Family Package Rewards

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

Customer care service at top notch

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.