Forum
Last updated: 

What is the Metro-UOB Card’s package known as the UOB Island Rewards all about?

With so many card offerings by UOB bank I wonder if this Metro-UOB Card will offer anything special. Who knows about this card and can you share its goodies if there are any?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The UOB Island of Rewards promises that for every S$5 charged to your Metro-UOB Card, you will earn UNI$1. And you are free to choose from over 1,000 reward items including dining treats, shopping vouchers, movie tickets and more, with a 10% discount applies to regular-priced items with a blue tag. There is a 5% rebate that will be awarded in the form of Metro$ based on the net amount charged to the Metro-UOB Card. Metro$ can be exchanged for Metro Shoppers Cheques to offset your next purchase. Note that the 5% rebate does not apply to the purchase of Metro Gift Vouchers, Metro Gift Cards and Metro Shoppers Cheques. Metro$ rebates earned is valid for a 12-month period starting from the month earned.

2019.08.01 4:53

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

I own a Metro-UOB Card, what is the maximum cash that I can withdraw when I am overseas?

Metro-UOB Card

How does one go about redeeming rewards from the Metro-UOB Card?

Metro-UOB Card

Is it permitted to combine the UNI$ that I have earned from my different UOB Credit Card Accounts or transfer these UNI$ between my Accounts to start with?

Metro-UOB Card

Related Forums

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

What are Stocks?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Related Reviews

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International