What is the Metro-UOB Card’s package known as the UOB Island Rewards all about?

With so many card offerings by UOB bank I wonder if this Metro-UOB Card will offer anything special. Who knows about this card and can you share its goodies if there are any?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

The UOB Island of Rewards promises that for every S$5 charged to your Metro-UOB Card, you will earn UNI$1. And you are free to choose from over 1,000 reward items including dining treats, shopping vouchers, movie tickets and more, with a 10% discount applies to regular-priced items with a blue tag. There is a 5% rebate that will be awarded in the form of Metro$ based on the net amount charged to the Metro-UOB Card. Metro$ can be exchanged for Metro Shoppers Cheques to offset your next purchase. Note that the 5% rebate does not apply to the purchase of Metro Gift Vouchers, Metro Gift Cards and Metro Shoppers Cheques. Metro$ rebates earned is valid for a 12-month period starting from the month earned.

2019.08.01 4:53

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

I own a Metro-UOB Card, what is the maximum cash that I can withdraw when I am overseas?

Metro-UOB Card

How does one go about redeeming rewards from the Metro-UOB Card?

Metro-UOB Card

Is it permitted to combine the UNI$ that I have earned from my different UOB Credit Card Accounts or transfer these UNI$ between my Accounts to start with?

Metro-UOB Card

Related Forums

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What are the different types of stock?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

Related Reviews

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

Poor Customer Service

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Emergency legal and medical assistance

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.