Forum
Last updated: 

What do I stand to gain from participating in the HSBC's Mileage Programme of the HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card?

I am one that is all about great deals and benefits and the same applies to the HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card, what do I stand to gain from participating in the HSBC's Mileage Programme?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Participation in the Mileage Programme actually enables you to earn miles and fly around the world for less. You can now redeem air miles at 25,000 Rewards points per block of 10,000 miles. HSBC's Mileage Programme includes Asia Miles, Asia's leading travel reward programme, and KrisFlyer, the frequent flyer programme of the Singapore Airlines Group, the world's most awarded airline. Furthermore, when you sign up for a one-time enrolment in HSBC's Mileage Programme, you start converting your Rewards Points into KrisFlyer miles or Asia Miles. An annual programme fee of S$40 (subject to GST) applies. Alternatively, you can redeem 9,000 Rewards points for the Mileage Programme fee waiver. Please note that you are required to be a member of at least one of the participating airlines' frequent flyer / travel reward programmes prior to enrolling in HSBC's Mileage Programme.

2019.08.01 5:30

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

The application process for this card was not stressful as is the case with other cards.

With this card the outstanding highlight will probably be that you can earn one Rewards point for every S$1 charged to your card. In addition, you can also enjoy the exclusive privilege to redeem more rewards with fewer points on selected rewards items. Plus the application process for this card was not stressful as is the case with other cards.

Convenient and fuss-free payment with your contactless-enabled HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card

The HSBC Premier MasterCard offers a quick, convenient and fuss-free payment with your contactless-enabled HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card. You can with this feature simply tap and go in front of a secured reader at participating merchants to make payments but be aware that this is subject to applicable limits on the contactless payment amount.

Beat the hustle and bustle of daily commute by simply tap and go on buses and trains

If you ever are tired of worrying about your fare card balance at the gantries just like I used to do then this card is for you too. You can now beat the hustle and bustle of daily commute as you can now tap and go on buses and trains. This without a doubt makes your daily commute smoother and helps to ease and take away those worries behind.

Your card details are never shared with any merchant or saved on your device

With the Apple Pay feature of the HSBC Premier MasterCard making payments in stores, in apps and on the web with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac is now very easy with just a touch on it, secure and private as well. A unique transaction code is used for each purchase so your card details are never shared with any merchant or saved on your device

Recommending Forums

What Credit Card is recommended for one looking for the best deals with air miles?

HSBC Premier MasterCard

Related Forums

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Related Reviews

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card