Forum
Last updated: 

What do I stand to gain from participating in the HSBC's Mileage Programme of the HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card?

I am one that is all about great deals and benefits and the same applies to the HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card, what do I stand to gain from participating in the HSBC's Mileage Programme?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Participation in the Mileage Programme actually enables you to earn miles and fly around the world for less. You can now redeem air miles at 25,000 Rewards points per block of 10,000 miles. HSBC's Mileage Programme includes Asia Miles, Asia's leading travel reward programme, and KrisFlyer, the frequent flyer programme of the Singapore Airlines Group, the world's most awarded airline. Furthermore, when you sign up for a one-time enrolment in HSBC's Mileage Programme, you start converting your Rewards Points into KrisFlyer miles or Asia Miles. An annual programme fee of S$40 (subject to GST) applies. Alternatively, you can redeem 9,000 Rewards points for the Mileage Programme fee waiver. Please note that you are required to be a member of at least one of the participating airlines' frequent flyer / travel reward programmes prior to enrolling in HSBC's Mileage Programme.

2019.08.01 5:30

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

The application process for this card was not stressful as is the case with other cards.

With this card the outstanding highlight will probably be that you can earn one Rewards point for every S$1 charged to your card. In addition, you can also enjoy the exclusive privilege to redeem more rewards with fewer points on selected rewards items. Plus the application process for this card was not stressful as is the case with other cards.

Convenient and fuss-free payment with your contactless-enabled HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card

The HSBC Premier MasterCard offers a quick, convenient and fuss-free payment with your contactless-enabled HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card. You can with this feature simply tap and go in front of a secured reader at participating merchants to make payments but be aware that this is subject to applicable limits on the contactless payment amount.

Beat the hustle and bustle of daily commute by simply tap and go on buses and trains

If you ever are tired of worrying about your fare card balance at the gantries just like I used to do then this card is for you too. You can now beat the hustle and bustle of daily commute as you can now tap and go on buses and trains. This without a doubt makes your daily commute smoother and helps to ease and take away those worries behind.

Your card details are never shared with any merchant or saved on your device

With the Apple Pay feature of the HSBC Premier MasterCard making payments in stores, in apps and on the web with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac is now very easy with just a touch on it, secure and private as well. A unique transaction code is used for each purchase so your card details are never shared with any merchant or saved on your device

Recommending Forums

What Credit Card is recommended for one looking for the best deals with air miles?

HSBC Premier MasterCard

Related Forums

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

What are bond and how do they work?

Related Reviews

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International