Forum
Last updated: 

Would there be any benefits that come with the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card that you can term as exciting?

Does anyone use the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card, what exciting benefits if any can you care to share?

User comments

• user image

No Name

I use the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit and I enjoy decent Bonus KrisFlyer miles on Singapore Airlines, as I earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 I make on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, silkair.com or KrisShop. They also offer an exciting S$150 Cashback for use on your next purchase on singaporeair.com when you spend S$12,000 on eligible purchases with your Card, with a hassle-free conversion as all KrisFlyer miles earned with the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card are conveniently credited directly into your KrisFlyer account.

2019.08.01 5:35

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Earn KrisFlyer miles directly with everything you charge to this card

The Amex KrisFlyer card is probably the best-known of all American Express credit cards in Singapore, and this may have to do with it being the official co-branded credit card of Singapore Airlines. I feel the main benefit is that you earn KrisFlyer miles directly with everything you charge to this card, unlike someother miles cards, where you earn in the bank’s rewards points, which then takes money and time to convert to actual miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Although rates are earned, they are very minimal and as low as 1.1 miles per $1 spent locally,

With the American express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card, although you earn rates they are very minimal and as low as 1.1 miles per $1 spent locally, which when compared to as much as 1.5 miles with other credit cards. Also their 2 miles per $1 spent overseas packages appears to be only valid in June & December.

Miles you earn are credited directly into your KrisFlyer account

The Amex KrisFlyer Credit Card is one of the 3 air miles credit cards in Singapore that are officially co-branded with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer. It’s super easy to use this card since miles you earn here are credited directly into your KrisFlyer account. Now although its base earn rates are far from spectacular, the Amex KrisFlyer Credit Card has a really good welcome miles bonus of up to 35,500 miles with $10,000 spent in the first 6 months.

Ideal for beginner looking to become miles collectors

The Amex KrisFlyer Credit Card is ideal for beginner looking to become miles collectors simply because it’s so easy to use. Since miles are credited directly into your KrisFlyer account, you don’t need worry to consolidate your spending to try to earn enough points to convert into miles. There’s also no fuss and confusions with weird points systems, rewards catalogues, conversion fees and other terms and conditions.

Recommending Forums

Will the miles be affected if the card is not renewed for annual fee?

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card

How does Amex Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card waiver work and are there any criteria one needs to hit in order to be eligible for the waiver of annual fee?

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card

Related Forums

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What are the different types of stock?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Related Reviews

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore