Forum
Last updated: 

Can someone enlighten me on how I can get to know if I have fully utilized the OCBC 365 credit card for cashback?

If I am not able to have my cash rebate for the OCBC 365 Credit Card to hit the $80 mark even as every month I spend $800 on the individual category that OCBC has pointed out. Should I consider changing to a lower tier credit card to hit my OCBC 360 criteria?

User comments

• user image

No Name

My friend if you are only spending $800/month on the OCBC365 card then unfortunately you may not be able to hit the cashback cap of $80 (which is a 10% cashback in the actual sense) since the OCBC365 rebate categories only give 3-6% cashback. You should however consider the $80 as the upper limit on what OCBC will give you, which is really only applicable if you spend much more than 800/month on the card. Finally, the 0.3% bonus interest rate on OCBC360 account is not considered part of the $80 cashback. Unfortunately again. All the best my friend.

2019.08.01 5:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC credit card fraud department ensured that a fraudlent transaction never got through.

My card got hacked recently and I was prompted by the OCBC credit card fraud department that my credit card had been compromised. Fortunately the discovery by OCBC at the right time ensured that the transaction never got through. For security reasons, my card was suspended and I had to wait for my new card to arrive. This 365 card is really good in cash rebates and implement some promotion of 1 for 1 for dining.

I have got to say that their customer services has improved tremendously

I have used this card for many years and I agree that it used to be the best card among other banks, until when they increased the cap from $600 to $800. Their customer service used to be very poor, however over the years, I got to say that their customer services improved tremendously, especially solving customer dispute. I have recommend this card to my friends over the years and will continue to do so.

OCBC bank will assign a courier man to drop by your place and a have you to sign on hardcopy forms

I realised that OCBC bank will assign a courier man to drop by your place and ask you to sign on the hardcopy form. I would say it is "very unique". It happens to my sister and my brother-in-law who eventually also applied OCBC 365 card. I think the bank officer call them to offer them, and then the officer fill up the form for them. Then it is understandable for a courier man is assigned to drop by and a signature on hardcopy form is requested.

You can hit $960 per year which makes it one of the best cash back card available.

This card gives rebate for dining, petrol and shopping. This card is widely accepted and has many promotions tied up with many merchants too which I find to be very convenient. With $80 maximum rebate per month, you can hit $960 per year which makes it one of the best cash back card available.

The App is very user friendly and avails all transactions there at a glance

For me bill payment was easy and practically stress-less as it was done directly with my OCBC savings account. The App I found is pretty user friendly and avails all transactions there at a glance. They also have a ton of other promotions especially for dining and petrol which comes in handy with savings.

Recommending Forums

Any tip or hack to save while earning the $80 cashback rebate on my OCBC 365 Card?

OCBC 365 Credit Card

How do I get to know if I have fully utilized the OCBC 365 credit card for cashback? Any tip or hack to save while earning the $80 cashback rebate?

Just curious to know if I have fully utilized the OCBC 365 credit card for cashback? And would there be any tip or hack to save while earning the cashback rebate?

OCBC 365 Credit Card

What is excluded from the computation of the minimum S$800 monthly spend on the OCBC 365 Credit Card?

OCBC 365 Credit Card

Related Forums

What are bond and how do they work?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Related Reviews

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card