Forum
Last updated: 

What is excluded from the computation of the minimum S$800 monthly spend on the OCBC 365 Credit Card?

I would like for someone here to explain what transactions are excluded from the computation of the minimum S$800 monthly spend on the OCBC 365 Credit Card and furthermore what the difference between transaction date and posting date is?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The following are excluded from the computation of the minimum S$800 monthly spend on the OCBC 365 Credit Card - Annual card fees, Cash-On-Instalments, Instalment Payment Plan, PayLite, tax payments, interest, late payment charges, cash advances, balance transfers, bill payments made via Internet Banking, AXS or SAM network, and other fees and charges. As for your second question, the transaction date refers to the date when a purchase is made while the posting date refers to the date the transaction is received by the card issuer which is OCBC Bank. As merchants may make a settlement a few days after the transaction has been made, posting date may be a few days later than the transaction date. As such, the bank has no control over when merchant records the transaction. The cashback computation is based on the transactions posted within the calendar month.

2019.08.01 5:45

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC credit card fraud department ensured that a fraudlent transaction never got through.

My card got hacked recently and I was prompted by the OCBC credit card fraud department that my credit card had been compromised. Fortunately the discovery by OCBC at the right time ensured that the transaction never got through. For security reasons, my card was suspended and I had to wait for my new card to arrive. This 365 card is really good in cash rebates and implement some promotion of 1 for 1 for dining.

I have got to say that their customer services has improved tremendously

I have used this card for many years and I agree that it used to be the best card among other banks, until when they increased the cap from $600 to $800. Their customer service used to be very poor, however over the years, I got to say that their customer services improved tremendously, especially solving customer dispute. I have recommend this card to my friends over the years and will continue to do so.

OCBC bank will assign a courier man to drop by your place and a have you to sign on hardcopy forms

I realised that OCBC bank will assign a courier man to drop by your place and ask you to sign on the hardcopy form. I would say it is "very unique". It happens to my sister and my brother-in-law who eventually also applied OCBC 365 card. I think the bank officer call them to offer them, and then the officer fill up the form for them. Then it is understandable for a courier man is assigned to drop by and a signature on hardcopy form is requested.

You can hit $960 per year which makes it one of the best cash back card available.

This card gives rebate for dining, petrol and shopping. This card is widely accepted and has many promotions tied up with many merchants too which I find to be very convenient. With $80 maximum rebate per month, you can hit $960 per year which makes it one of the best cash back card available.

The App is very user friendly and avails all transactions there at a glance

For me bill payment was easy and practically stress-less as it was done directly with my OCBC savings account. The App I found is pretty user friendly and avails all transactions there at a glance. They also have a ton of other promotions especially for dining and petrol which comes in handy with savings.

Recommending Forums

Any tip or hack to save while earning the $80 cashback rebate on my OCBC 365 Card?

OCBC 365 Credit Card

How do I get to know if I have fully utilized the OCBC 365 credit card for cashback? Any tip or hack to save while earning the $80 cashback rebate?

Just curious to know if I have fully utilized the OCBC 365 credit card for cashback? And would there be any tip or hack to save while earning the cashback rebate?

OCBC 365 Credit Card

Can someone enlighten me on how I can get to know if I have fully utilized the OCBC 365 credit card for cashback?

OCBC 365 Credit Card

Related Forums

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What are bond and how do they work?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Related Reviews

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation