Forum
Last updated: 

How do I earn points using the DBS Altitude Card; The fastest way to fly?

How exactly do I get to earn accelerated points using the DBS Altitude Card both for local spend and transactions and also overseas spend and transactions?

User comments

• user image

No Name

You get to earn 1 DBS Point for every S$5 retail purchase charged to your DBS Credit Card, points are calculated on each transaction and rounded down to the nearest whole number. DBS Altitude Card members earn 3 DBS Points for every S$5 spent locally and earn 5 DBS Points for every S$5 spent on overseas transactions. Local spend is identified as card transactions posted in Singapore dollars. Overseas spend is identified as card transactions posted in foreign currencies.

2019.08.01 6:4

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

I am newly graduated and planning for my wedding/ honeymoon in 18 months, should I go for a cashback or miles card?

DBS Altitude VISA Signature

Would a Netflix and iTunes transactions count as overseas spending or a local spend for a DBS Altitude Visa Signature card?

DBS Altitude VISA Signature

Am I correct to believe that online transactions are part of the eligible local spend for the DBS Altitude card?

DBS Altitude VISA Signature / GrabPay

Related Forums

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What are the different types of stock?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore