Forum
Last updated: 

How do I get to check for the acceptance of a UOB JCB Card for overseas ATM locations?

If one is planning an overseas trip and has the UOB JCB Card, how does one go about checking for the ATM locations that accept the Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

When traveling abroad, there are essentially two ways to check the acceptance of the UOB JCB card and that is via affiliate financial institutions that accept JCB cards and via JCB ATM locator. For the former, the ATM withdrawal limit may vary and you may not be able to withdraw a large amount of cash in a single session so do note that at some ATMs, you may have the option to select payment in a currency other than the local currency, for example, the Japanese yen and US dollars for cards issued in Japan. If you select payment in a currency other than the local currency, the payment amount will match the amount you have agreed to as listed on the receipt. Please note that the exchange amount is not based on JCB's rate, but the rate set independently by the ATM owner. On the other hand for the latter option which is the JCB ATM Locator, it makes it possible for you to search for ATMs nearby using your location or keywords, then check where the ATMs are located and how to reach them on a map. The location-based search and route finder are only available for smartphones unfortunately. We want to believe that they will incorporate it to operate on personal computers.

2019.08.01 6:15

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What special offerings can I take advantage of with the UOB JCB Card?

UOB JCB Card

Hello there! Who can help me point out the eligibility for a Singaporean for the UOB JCB Card as well as the annual fees?

UOB JCB Card

How does a self-employed Participate in the UOB JCB Card travel promotion?

UOB JCB Card

Related Forums

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What are Stocks?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Related Reviews

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore