Forum
Last updated: 

How do I get to check for the acceptance of a UOB JCB Card for overseas ATM locations?

If one is planning an overseas trip and has the UOB JCB Card, how does one go about checking for the ATM locations that accept the Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

When traveling abroad, there are essentially two ways to check the acceptance of the UOB JCB card and that is via affiliate financial institutions that accept JCB cards and via JCB ATM locator. For the former, the ATM withdrawal limit may vary and you may not be able to withdraw a large amount of cash in a single session so do note that at some ATMs, you may have the option to select payment in a currency other than the local currency, for example, the Japanese yen and US dollars for cards issued in Japan. If you select payment in a currency other than the local currency, the payment amount will match the amount you have agreed to as listed on the receipt. Please note that the exchange amount is not based on JCB's rate, but the rate set independently by the ATM owner. On the other hand for the latter option which is the JCB ATM Locator, it makes it possible for you to search for ATMs nearby using your location or keywords, then check where the ATMs are located and how to reach them on a map. The location-based search and route finder are only available for smartphones unfortunately. We want to believe that they will incorporate it to operate on personal computers.

2019.08.01 6:15

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What special offerings can I take advantage of with the UOB JCB Card?

UOB JCB Card

Hello there! Who can help me point out the eligibility for a Singaporean for the UOB JCB Card as well as the annual fees?

UOB JCB Card

How does a self-employed Participate in the UOB JCB Card travel promotion?

UOB JCB Card

Related Forums

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

Related Reviews

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International