Forum
Last updated: 

How does the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card work generally?

I am interested to know the dynamics of the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card payments and also a brief of the interest and rebate on the card.

User comments

• user image

No Name

To put it simply, the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card automatically splits your payments into monthly instalments and lets you earn up to 1% rebate on your purchases. The provide a 0% interest but allow payment over 3 months when you spend from S$100 to less than S$1,000 and payment over 6 months when you spend S$1,000 and more. For rebates, you can expect a 0.5% cash rebate with a monthly bill below S$1,000 and 1% cash rebate with monthly bill of S$1,000 and above. Note that rebates are capped at S$100 per month.

2019.08.01 5:46

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Card offers a 0% interest instalment plan that does not charge a processing fee

If you’re looking for a hassle-free shopping card for big purchases, there’s no better option than the OCBC Cashflo Card. This card offers a 0% interest instalment plan that, unlike the competition, does not charge a processing fee and rewards payments of up to 1% rebate which actually the highest on the market.

OCBC Cashflo Card allows you to conveniently shop now and pay later

OCBC Cashflo Card offers a ‘trigger’ system that is set up to automatically split payments at a given threshold. Almost all other cards require you to call ahead and apply before making the purchase however that is not the case with OCBC Cashflo Card which allows you to conveniently shop now and pay later, and even enjoy 1% cashback on instalments.

A convenient 0% interest instalment plan and 1% flat rebate

OCBC Cashflo Card benefits consumers who frequently spend more than they can immediately afford by providing a convenient 0% interest instalment plan and by offering 1% flat rebate after $1,000 monthly spend (0.5% if below). Cardholders can not only enjoy worry-free shopping, they can also earn on most of their expenditures.

Consumers specify a threshold for which transactions are automatically split into instalments

Not to sound too familiar but I actually find OCBC Cashflo Card’s instalment plan to be especially convenient. It offers a unique trigger system that permits consumers to make big, spontaneous purchases without calling ahead or waiting for approval. Consumers specify a threshold for which transactions are automatically split into instalments, with duration based on the total transaction amount. Consumers can then split charges as low as S$100 across as little as 3 months.

Automatically splits the payments into monthly instalments

The OCBC Cashflo Credit Card is very perfect for big spending as it automatically splits the payments into monthly instalments that is paying over a 3 months period when spending $100 to $1,000 or paying over a 6 months period when spending above $1,000. With the help of monthly instalment it turns out I do not have to keep track of my monthly spending in order to meet minimum spending of $500 for additional interest for my saving account.

Recommending Forums

What are the criteria to earn an annual fee waiver for an OCBC Cashflo Credit Card?

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card

Does anybody know the Annual Fee Waiver Criteria for an OCBC Cashflo Credit Card?

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card

Related Forums

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Related Reviews

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore